Lunch Ideas

Options
Hey everyone, Does anyone have easy fulling lunch recipes that i can make at home?

Replies

• mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like making pasta salads, a small portion of pasta and lots of veg, Asian ones with shrimp or flaked fish and bell pepper/edamame/broccoli, or more italian with a little pesto and tomatoes/peas/spinach/basil. Basically any veg I have I'll slice thin or "blanch" it by boiling it till tender and then putting straight under a cold tap to stop the cooking. Make it before hand and add the lettuce/spinach before you leave so it doesn't get soggy.
    You could also make up sandwich spreads the day before and just add bread the day of. Make a salad and add a small portion of cooked bulgar wheat or quinoa for texture. Make a wrap with sliced meat or falafel, lots of veg, and hummus or your choice of sauce (I also like sweet chili).
    Another idea is make a frittata like this, http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4175/pea-feta-and-mint-frittata
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This is really good and filling. I forget the calorie count though.

Tuna Bombay Salad

2 7-oz cans tuna, drained
    1.5 cups cold cooked lon grain rice
    1 cup diced celery
    Dash lemon juice
    ½ -1 tsp curry powder
    ½ tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    ½ cup mayonnaise [I cut this with plain yogurt or use all greek yogurt]

Condiments: peanuts, cashews, chopeed peppers, toasted coconut, raisins, chutney,
    chopped tomatos

Serve cold in lettuce cups or cantaloupe rings.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, avocado's or guacamole, mozzerella cheese. Very tasty and filling. I also have scrammbled eggs with out milk and bacon for lunch. Peanut butter is also good as it has a good amount of protein and good healthy fats.

Edited to add: You can also make a huge salad and add the chicken, cheese and avocados. Salad is a very good filler and has very little calories.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunch time meals . . .
    grey-goose-category-image_zpseb9d90d8.jpg
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I need help with lunch ideas too...so tired of the same thing (turkey on wheat) everyday :(
  • ajtrask
    ajtrask Posts: 1
    Options
    I had tuna, thick sliced zucchini, thick sliced mushrooms, garlic and a wee bit of coconut oil and a splash of soy sauce into a pan and sauteed it up till the zucchini was "just" cooked. it was SOO delicious! I think I will have it for lunch the rest of the week! YUM!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunch time meals . . .
    grey-goose-category-image_zpseb9d90d8.jpg

Once you pop.....you can't stop lol
  • EmilieTorres
    EmilieTorres Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to make bean salads for lunch- they're super cheap and easy. Just toss a few cans of whatever beans you like with some fat free italian dressing, and serve over lettuce. Filling, low cal, and full of protein :)
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @MissEmilieJan like the bean idea, but not at work. ;)