Who's doing Insanity? Friends?

Options
Hey guys! I'm currently on day 26 of Insanity, and I love it so far. (By love it, I suppose I mean I have a love/hate relationship with it... not like I'm always super happy about doing it.)

I understand that Insanity is not for everyone. The Beachbody programs are expensive, but I am super Type A, so having the calendar of workouts makes me stay motivated. I know that I could get the same results from doing some kind of workout on my own, but watching Shaun T. pushes me. I will never be the kind of person who is like, "Omg, you know what sounds great today? Doing some plyometrics on my own."

Anyway, I would love to have friends who are also doing it! I think that it's awesome to have support, and it's nice to have friends who understand what the workouts are like! So feel free to add me if you are doing, have done, or are planning to do Insanity. And we will get through this together! :)

Replies

• taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Aw, come on. Isn't someone doing insanity?
  • Luckyshan89
    Luckyshan89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4!!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 and struggling! So doing it intermittently with C25K x
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    What is it?
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 52! Can't wait to finish it! Have you been seeing great results so far?
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am on Month 2. I am going to do Asylum next if you like to join.
  • kpietrov
    kpietrov Posts: 3
    Options
    My husband and I are on Day 10, I think. I enjoy it, in that is gives me the structure I need, really. I

Are any of you guys using an HRM? How does the calorie burn compare to the MFP "circuit training" if you've compared?
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd week of Insanity...I also have a love/hate relationship!!! I am getting good results...I think partly because of the intensity of Insanity and partyly because I am being really careful about what I am eating.

Asylum is great too!

I try to alternate a more intense work out for 60 days with a milder one for the next 60 days. I like the variety and the break it gives my body.

Best of luck to you!
  • CoachTommyB
    Options
    I'm doing p90x right now but I thinkg I'm going to do insanity after or a hi-brid. Should be fun!
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing week 4 of month 1! :) Love it!
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Today I am on Day 19th. I also have a love/hate relationship. I am here looking for motivation beacuse at the moment I feel sick as a dog. And keep making excuses to not work out tonight. Also that tonigh is Cardio Power and Reistance. Bleh! I feel sick :ohwell: HELP!:sad:
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    We're already Insanity buddies Taciturnity. :) I'm starting week 7 tonight if I can get my butt in gear.
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    If anyone else wants to friend request me, feel free.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    on my second week!!!!

But i already note the changes in my body
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 17! I have really been loving the results...

And as far as calories burned, I burn anywhere between 400 and 600 depending on which workout and how hard I push :smile:
  • taciturnity
    Options
    What is it?

It's a Beachbody workout program. Basically, it's several really intense workouts with little breaks in between. You can look on the beachbody website if you want to see exactly. It's hard!
  • taciturnity
    Options
    I'm on Day 52! Can't wait to finish it! Have you been seeing great results so far?

Congratulations! I have noticed a lot of changes in my endurance! Like my heart rate doesn't spike as much and I can do a lot more of the exercises. I've lost about 13 pounds in the almost 4 weeks that I've done it. I haven't done measurements though.

What about you?
  • taciturnity
    Options
    Today I am on Day 19th. I also have a love/hate relationship. I am here looking for motivation beacuse at the moment I feel sick as a dog. And keep making excuses to not work out tonight. Also that tonigh is Cardio Power and Reistance. Bleh! I feel sick :ohwell: HELP!:sad:

You can DO IT girl. I have had several days where I feel that way. Just put on your workout clothes and press play. It's only 38 minutes, and you will feel SO MCUH BETTER afterwards!! You will only regret it if you skip it. Stick to the calendar, even if you half-*kitten* the workout. I believe in you!!
  • taciturnity
    Options
    I'm on Day 17! I have really been loving the results...

And as far as calories burned, I burn anywhere between 400 and 600 depending on which workout and how hard I push :smile:

Wow I don't think I've hit 600 on any of the month 1 workouts! You're awesome!!
  • CoachColin
    Options
    I'm doing a P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I actually never really thought I'd like Insanity but I'm really enjoying doing it a couple times a week!