Calling 5'2" girls

Options

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    5'2 155lbs goal is 125/130 ish. I am eating 1650 calories a day. Working out 6 days a week. Not having much luck with the scale but losing inches.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Your height. Weight is about 100. Bodyfat around 19%. My official limit to lose weight is 1150, but in practice I probably eat between 1000 & 1500. Activity level set at Sedentary. No consistent exercise right now.

I did Intermittent Fasting strictly for a month and found it very helpful.
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly over 5' and 130lb currently, down 136lb. I've been losing 1/2 a week by eating approx. 1300 without eating back exercise calories, exercising 3-4 times a week.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" (the extra half counts, right?!), I have a muscly/stocky shaped frame and started at 150ish, losing about 1lb per week on 1350. I use my calories more as a guide and don't log every tiny little bit of mustard or sauce that I eat. I losen up a bit at weekend and have one or two days higher calories or if I'm going out for a meal or whatever.

I am extremely sedentary throughout the day due to work, about 10 hours of little movement, but try to do exercise around 6 days a week - complete mix of personal training, weights, body pump, running etc etc. I'm focussing more on getting fit than losing weight. Ideal weight would be able to maintain at no higher than 140 as that's the kind of figure I've got!!

Happy to be friended by anyone with similar goals/aims.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    1360 for me and I lose about a pound a week, not every week then 2 in one you know how that goes. I will eat up to 1600 if I have exercise cals left

current weight 139
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am generally somewhere in the 1200 to 1600 range, depending on the day (I am exactly 5'2"). I am currently obese, but moving in a good direction toward healthy.

For the past 5 weeks, I have lost 17.6 pounds. :) I am really excited about it. I know it is a lot all at once, but I've been doing a boot camp workout at my gym 4 x per week for 5 weeks, which was a change from my previously (at least for several months) sedentary lifestyle. I also changed my diet from a steady diet of junk and sweets to good, healthy food. I feel so much better, even with that small bit of weight off.

I started session 2 of boot camp this morning (5:45 AM is WAY too early LOL). I can't wait to see what the next 5 weeks brings.

I am sedentary during the day (desk job), but I have recently been trying to take the stairs more (always down and up at least 4 flights per day) to burn a few more calories during the day.

My ultimate goal weight would be somewhere in the 125-135 ish range, which would be healthy. I am focusing right now on getting to 164 as an interim goal, as that will be 50 pounds lost. I'm on my way!

Feel free to add me. :)
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

im 5'2, weigh 111lbs this morning. I have been doing this on and off for what seems like forever, either 1000-1200 then up to 1900-2000, but didnt stick to any of them for very long. I dont really need to drop weight, just tighten up, so now i have set my cals to 1400 on here, but i never stick to that, always over.

I do weights 4 x week, spin 3 x week. I am actually trying to build muscle so I should be on the higher end of scale but am just going to see what my body does. Am seeing changes already after 3 weeks of this so hopefully on right track, but must not venture off again.
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am 5ft 1, weight is132 lbs, want to get down to 126lbs but the scales haven't moved for a couple of months now.

I eat roughly 1400 calories each day and exercise 4/5 times a week and eat most of my exercise calories.

I am thinking of upping my calories for a while to see if I can get my weight going down again. xx
  • Rachshuv
    Rachshuv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what's right but I've lost 16lb since Christmas 176 st now 159. I eat around 1200 a day and swim, weight train or yoga most days, I sometimes eat my calories back and sometimes I don't, as I feel this is more like normal life!

I have started the 500kcal twice a week way of thinking with slightly higher kcal on other days, and I've actually found it fine! It has suppressed my hunger somewhat on my 'rest days' and my fitness has vastly improved. It suits my personality and body type too as to be fully restrictive for 2 days and not worrying too much the rest of the week feels liberating. Wel just see how the weigh in gos on Sunday.

I'm a typical endomorph though and for all the "starvation mode" fear stuff out there, it looks life basic math is right for me, less in more off! These studies aren't 100% accurate and from listening to my body...I'd probably maintain on 1500 which is less then they say, but has been the same my whole life, therefore a 200ckal deficit a day is about 1 lb every 15 or so days, exercise speeds this up.
    I kick box and swim a mile in 35 mins a few times a week and feel fit and healthy, if not a little fed up from counting calories! We are all different, this kind of restriction would kill my best mate whose the same height, she needs far more to maintain!
    X
  • samfuturefit
    Options

Do you take all your exercise into consideration with your TDEE?

I want to eat more to lose more but I donno...

my TDEE is about 1620. I don't exercise every day but when I do, I eat more. So... is that kind of the same thing?

my BMR is 1350. I've been trying eat about 1300.
    I don't think I'm consistant enough to know what actually works. :'(

I saw results when I ate over 1500-1800 but exercised off about 500 (netting about 1100-1300)

I'm 5'1 1/2" and I weigh between 127-130

Yes. I do consider my exercise with TDEE. If you check out the link I posted there are some calculators in there to help you figure out your approximate TDEE, while entering the amount of workouts, length, etc. When I log my food and exercise each day I aim for TDEE-20%, however if I worked out and burned a ton of calories I just eat back up until I'm at least at my BMR. You should always eat above your BMR, workout day or not.

Entering what I could about you in the calculator, I found that with 1-3 hrs / week of light exercise and macros sent to 40 carbs/30 protein/30 fat (I'm not sure what your actual schedule or macros look like, so please do your own calculations: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) your TDEE is actually closer to 1845. For 20% fat loss you should be eating about 1476 calories at lowest (even on non-workout days!)

On workout days eat your 1476 calories, log your exercise, and check out your NET calories consumed on your home page (calories consumed - burned calories during exercise = NET). If your NET number is lower than your 1350 BMR, try to eat back to at least get the NET back to 1350+.

Hope this helps!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm shorter at 5'0. I'm 123lbs. I no longer track everything since I calculated my TDEE-10% and it's 2000, which is difficult for me to reach even if I try. I just eat what I want, when I want, try to eat healthy filling foods (lots of veggies and fruit) and keep my portions of unhealthy stuff down (for example, last night we had ziti alfredo and I ate a half portion, plus lots of veggies). I usually eat three meals and occasionally a snack in the evening if my stomach gets grumbly. I have a drink or two occasionally as well (usually a double vodka and diet Pepsi, that way I can consume less, but still feel it).
  • shellyenglersnyder
    shellyenglersnyder Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", 111 lbs, and my cals are set at approx 1500 and that is with moderate activity included.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 started at 196lbs, ate at 1200, eating exercise cals back, sedentary. After about 6 months or so upped another 100 or so cals. Now at 119lbs, eating at maintenance at 1530 and also eating exercise cals back.
  • MissMeg95
    Options
    1650kcal regardless of exercise, gone from 145 at the end of Feb to 139 now. Doing C25k 3x a week, weights 3x a week and half an hour of walking a day to get to/from my sixth form. Weight loss seems to be slowing down lately, so I may adjust it at some point, but for now it's doing good for me and I have plenty of energy to exercise.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 started at 196lbs, ate at 1200, eating exercise cals back, sedentary. After about 6 months or so upped another 100 or so cals. Now at 119lbs, eating at maintenance at 1530 and also eating exercise cals back.

thats exactly where i started im 5"2 aswell, i seem to be stuck at 130 now though :( goal weight 120 , you stuck to 1200 + eating back exercise calories , generally what were u netting a day? .. also did u ever hit a plateau what did u do to break it
  • CatLadyyy
    CatLadyyy Posts: 102
    Options
    5'2 .. between 105-108 lbs... when i was losing i was set at 1360 and worked out 6 times a week burning 300-600 cals.. ate back most of my exercise calories. So intake was usually more 1400-1700
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    5'2.5", I aim for about 1300 per day but it's usually around 1250-1350 or so. I eat back at least half of my exercise calories, more if I'm hungry. Some days I NET over 1300, most days around 1300 or a bit under.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bumop
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    I am 5'2.5 and 141. I was down to 138 but I think I gained the 3-4 lbs from my hormones (switching 3 different pills in last 3 months) increasing my cals to 1400/day and working out 6 days a week with the 30 ds and this week adding in 30 mins of cardo 3 days/ week. Hoping to drop all this weight and get down to 130 by August the latest, getting married in Nov!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I a 5'2" and 42 years old weighing 125ish. I am moderately active and eat 2000 gross calories per day. This is a new level for me since I stalled (3 months) at this weight so next week I will weigh again and see if it works. I weighed last week (2 weeks into the test) and saw 122 for the first time ever, but I do not know if that will stick with all the normal water fluctuations I have. We'll see for sure next week.