Your Opinions on why It's not working....Please help

Options
124»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It may have been 5 days but for me that's a really long time for me not to lose anything. I would usually lose at least 3lbs in that time, it's just the way my body is.
    Wut?

Can't see the original question any more since it's been edited out. But from the other posts I'm gathering "eating less than 1000 a day while burning 1000+ in exercise? :noway: WHY????

Losing 3lbs in a week is not sustainable, or advisable. Maybe when you first start out and you have a lot to lost, but not for the long term. And "just the way my body is" - meaning what - it thrives on starvation? Not likely. Food is fuel! You cannot eat less than what a kid would eat and then go do tough workouts and expect things to go well. Negative net cals, or even super low cals = out of gas.

I eat 1900-2000+ calories a day and am losing the fat. I am well fueled for workouts. My body is happy and burns the fat rather than storing it. My metabolism is awesome. I guess it's just the way my body is. :tongue: Me and countless other members posting here and offering you sound, healthy advice on how to successfully lose the fat and keep it off!

You're cheating yourself by not eating enough.
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know weight loss really varies per person and depends on how much weight you need to lose in the first place. I am 6 weeks in and found that I only lost 2 pounds in the first 2 weeks which was a lot less than I expected. However, I kept going and found that suddenly on week 3 I lost a few pounds. Since then that seems to have been the pattern, 1/2 weeks plateau and then a loss and suddenly 6 weeks in roughly I have lost 1 stone according to my scales this morning! Memo to self to be more patient!!! Good luck and hang in there.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Take some raspberry ketones/ green tea/ hoodia/ extract of virginal white monkey and the weight will fall off because you're doing everything right.
    [/quote]

^^^Hilarious!!!!!!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    FWIW, my calorie goal is 1675. My BMR is 1725.

Over the past month, I've averaged 2170 calories a day.

During that time, I've lost about 3.8 lbs of fat and lost no lean mass.

Just something to think about.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Never mind
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This is both sad and hilarious at the same time.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.

I'm someone that when I put my mind to it loses weight really easy. I'm talking a pound a day every other day if not done much exercise.

The fact that you think you can lose a pound every day or every other day shows just how little you know about this process. It does not work like that. The fact that you're crying about it after ONLY 5 days shows your lack of knowlegde even more. The fact that you think you can eat less than 1000 calories, burn off 1000 calories, and be safe and healthy is scary.

Scales fluctuate DAILY which is why you think you're losing a pound every other day. That is also why you don't show a loss AFTER 5 DAYS.

5 days of "hard work" means nothing in the long haul. When you do it for 2, 3, 4, 6, 10 months, then you can call it hard work.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    God I put my post on here to ask for advice on that particular topic. My diet is fine and has worked so far. Nothing wrong with it, it's fine. Clearly now I've upped my exercise all I need to do is eat a bit more, great problem answered thank you.

I asked for your support not to be completely slated. There is no need to be so nasty.
    Pssst...

your diet isn't fine.

Most of the posts on here haven't been nasty, I think you've gone into defensive mode since you've been bombarded with posts telling you that what you are doing is not healthy in any sort of way, which is understandable. I hope you do realize though that you are doing yourself a major disservice by eating so few calories, your body cannot get adequate nutrition at those levels even if you weren't working out at all. It's a simple fact, you waste your time arguing all of us about it as there is nothing to argue about: the way you are trying to lose weight is damaging, unhealthy, nutrient-deficient, and potentially dangerous. Losing weight in an unhealthy manner will only damage your body for the future, don't do that to yourself.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to weigh 300 lbs by the time you are 30 you are going about it the right way. The first step is to restrict calories to an unhealthy level while working out. The next step is keep doing it until you do some real damage to your metabolism. The next step is your body going into a full rebellion. Then you will eat if you can and anything you can. You won't want to go back to starving, but when the pounds pile on you might and then you will keep repeating the pattern getting heavier every time.
  • twoss9112
    Options
    Take some raspberry ketones/ green tea/ hoodia/ extract of virginal white monkey and the weight will fall off because you're doing everything right.

^^^Hilarious!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

Wait... you mean my white virginal monkey extract smoothies are not going to help me lost 40 pounds by 8 pm?

But they advertise it, so it must be true... ? :grumble:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Wait... you mean my white virginal monkey extract smoothies are not going to help me lost 40 pounds by 8 pm?

ONLY when taken with rhino horn extract and dehydrated koala urine tablets.
  • twoss9112
    Options

ONLY when taken with rhino horn extract and dehydrated koala urine tablets.

As luck would have it, I have a coupon for GNC!!