TOM

Options
OK, so there are probably a million threads on this, but I don't feel like scanning. SO this is my first month off the depo shot and my cycle is now on day 34. I wont' weigh in. I feel bloated and gross. I have no idea how long this is going to last till I get my period. I am so annoyed and disgusted with this. I feel SO SO GROSS.
So is this in my mind, or is it true that you do really gain weight during your period? I am doing Jillian Michael's water cleanse to help, but I do not want to get on the scale. I can't keep avoiding it forever, but I would love to wait till "Aunt Flo" arrives.
Any advice? Is this in my head? Does anyone else retain water at this time?
SOS!

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    BUMP. I will come back to this tonight!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    YES! Count me in the water retention and bloating...yuck! :blushing:

If you don't mind, can I add you as a buddy? I am looking for people with similar weightloss goals. :happy:
  • doodlbug
    doodlbug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know I do. I have seen an increase of almost ten pounds before!
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but YES - it's normal to gain weight when TOM comes to town... I always gain 8-10 pounds of water, and it takes 1-2 weeks before it is all gone... Try to limit your salt intake, because that makes it worse.. I don't weigh in or measure during those few weeks, because I get so bloated and it just infuriates me to see the weight gain and extra inches.. So you are totally not alone...:noway:
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I usually gain a few pounds (2- 3 lbs.) the week before, but lose it once it gets here. It's probably just water retention. And while we are on the subject, does anyone else get tons of energy on their first day? Seems like I can run for miles, then the next day my energy level is back to normal.
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Thanks everyone! AND yes I love more friends!
    I am NOT getting on that scale until this is over (or at least arrives)
    And to make matters worse, I am having CRAZY PMS! I want to ring someone's neck! I am so short tempered and annoyed with EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE! and I want to eat my fridge
    UGH UGH UGH!!!!!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always feel HUGE right before my period. I maybe gain a couple of pounds---depending on how much self control I have around that time of the month---but the following week I usually have an outrageously huge loss.
  • erinliz
    erinliz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Here's to hoping for that huge loss after! :drinker:
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    A huge weight loss would be a fabulous present! KEEP your fingers crossed it comes before Friday!