The Iphone is so useful!

Options
Hi everyone. So I bought the new Iphone on launch day and came across the fitness pal app. Wow I was and still am impressed hehe! Anyway it's really helped me to see what I need to eat to lose a few pounds and keep track of my diet. Lost 3lbs since using the app (about 8lbs in total) so I'm quite pleased. I only want to do it slowly as my aim is to lose about 14lbs from where I am at now. Any friends will be welcome on here...for motivation aswell! I'm finding sticking to my 1200kcals quite difficult lately but whether it's something to do with it being almost THAT time of month I don't know?! Does any other women find that? Anyway...yes this is my long hello :)

Replies

• jlallen
    jlallen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you find the app user friendly! I am thinking about getting the iphone and I love MFP online so I really hope the app is just as good!! BTW to answer your question DEF!!:smile:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!
    I can't relate to the iphone app as I don't own one, but I can relate to the 1200 cals issue. I tried eating 1200 for awhile but realized it just wasn't doable, so I upped my intake to 1400. Also, are you eating the majority of your exercise calories? You definitely want to make sure you do that so your body is getting the proper nutrition it needs to function.
    Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • kitmyers
    kitmyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I found MFP thru my Iphone as well. Absolutely love it!! I hope you have as much success with the program as I have over the last month. Welcome!
  • ellie_1989
    ellie_1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @kitmyers. Yes somedays I can do 1200 and then others I find I'm closer 1500 mark. But when I get the chance to exercise properly I find eating back the exercise cals much easier and I seem fuller. Swimming tomorrow :)
  • jenlawton
    jenlawton Posts: 18
    Options
    I have the iphone app too. I love it! I am allowed 1410 calories and day, hate to exercise so you won't see much of that on my profile. I have been having success though, I figure I have to, no McDonald's, no Wendy's (except an occasional plain potato and a side salad). I have cut out so much of the bad stuff I was eating, except the cocktails. I love to have my vodka and diet tonic after I am done with work and all my chores for the day. Good luck to everyone!
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    I love my iphone app it makes it so much easier to keep track of my calories. Enjoy your iphone.
  • ellie_1989
    ellie_1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @jenlawton Yes treats are fine in moderation. Tuesdays aren't the best days for me in sticking to my diet as I'm babysitting my cousin at my grandmas all day and this means treats such as kiddie cakes and a donut even today! But tomorrow's swimming day so I'm thinking it'll balance out :P