Am i the only 1 who feels this way?

Options
Does anybody ever feel like this.... You get home after working all day, you cook, take care of you kids needs, have dinner and then after all that is done with you just want to relax for the 30 minutes you have left before the kids bedtime routine starts. But i know i NEED to exercise in order to lose weight but i feel LAZY and just want to relax for those 30 minutes i have free. I know its better for me to exercise but my urge to just sit there is always there.

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    That's why I get up extra early to exercise.
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I go the to gym during my lunch break because it is virtually impossible to get a workout in at home between getting home, house hold responsibilities, dinner, parenting, getting my daughter ready for bath/bed, etc.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    So sit there, exercise once theyre in bed.. you do deserve to have a break throughout the day too.
  • buxyblue
    buxyblue Posts: 11
    Options
    No you are not the only one who feels this way! Have you looked around lately? A lot of people feel this way. The question you should ask yourself is - do you want to feel better? You will get to the point where you will come home and look forward to your exercise. What program do you do?
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    5am
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just go in the morning. Problem solved.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Same here. I'm up between 4-430 and workout at 5am
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's tough to juggle everything. Just remember that it's important to take care of yourself and you need to "find" time to do that. Maybe in the morning before the kids get up, or in the evening after they go to bed? It's so hard though, especially when you're tired. Sometimes I have to remind myself that when I exercise I have more energy, then I sleep better, then I have the energy to exercise. It's a great cycle when I can actually make myself do it. Sometimes I just have to force myself to get my butt up and do something productive. I always feel better afterward, but getting there can be a challenge. You're definitely not alone.
  • kookanddra
    Options
    Trust me when I say that you are not alone!! I feel like this all the time too. My kids are teenagers and very active in sports and choir. My son has/had 3 track meets this week. Its been almost 8 or later when we finally get home. Before I started my new job I walked over my lunch hour. I'm finally comfortable enough at my new job that I will be starting that again. It made me feel better and a nice pick me up in the middle of the day. Good luck to you!!!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about getting up early? I get up at 5am (closer to half 5) and workout using a DVD. Then I have to shower, eat, change and be out the door by 7am, work til 3, but usually stay until at least 4 (I'm a teacher - so Monday, Wednesday, Thursday are extracurricular for an hour) then I'm back for 5, relax for about an hour, make dinner, wash up, do some chores, do my work(! marking books and planning takes a lot of time) to be in bed for about 11.

I need to get in bed earlier because my mind is going - I keep forgetting things like my keys, my lunch, my phone, my memory stick etc (I lost all four of these today... found them after an hour of frantic searching)
  • Fat2FitACE
    Options
    I am the same way.

I get home and change into my workout clothes....start dinner and run downstairs and get on the treadmill.

For me it is all mind over matter and if I focus on getting it done them I am fine. If I sit down I usually end of falling asleep and then the night is pretty much a waste!

Good luck... you can do it!!
  • RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I get this way all the time!! I find I have to work out in the mornings or afternoons before my hubby and kiddos get home otherwise I get wrapped up in the family stuff going on and dont work out..... I will work out M-F for a few weeks and then just get this feeling so overwhelmingly... usually when I feel like this I will take a few days to a week OFF of working out... still watching what I am eating and logging and being active with other stuff but not actual workouts.... Sometimes life gets busy and if your body gets worn down and tired it will let you know.... :) But dont let it get you so off track you lose sight of your goals... !!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym right after work & the kids go to the youth watch. This gives them a chance to play with kids, etc. I work out for an hour to an hour & a half. We go home & start making dinner (dinner during the week is super easy; baked chicken & a veggie). Once I get the chicken in the oven, I start making lunches for the kids for school the next day. Once dinner is done & we eat, I weight out leftovers for my lunch the next day. Do dishes & put everything away while the kids are taking baths, etc. There may be 20-30 min before the kids' bedtime so they get to relax & watch TV while I change out laundry & pack my gym bag for the next day. They go to bed at 8:30 and then I go straight to the shower. Once out of the shower, I relax in bed for 30 min to an hour...or however long i can stay awake.
  • wbfd22
    wbfd22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a hubby on shift work, so this is me every night. What I've started doing is keeping my hand held weights and a mini elliptical in my living room. In the evening, once everything is done and I've got my shows on, I will do mini workouts during the commercials. Thats 3-4 minutes at least 3-4 times a show. I can go hard for that long on the elliptical, or using my weights. Add in a few lunges, squats, pushups or sit ups and before you know it, you've had a pretty good workout and enjoyed your evening!!
  • carmengoad
    Options
    I don't even have any kids left at home. But I am so tired when I get off work at 8pm. I just sit and watch television. I continue to lose weight though. i I have lost 44 pounds so far, but I know that I need to exercise.
  • cleaneatingmom
    Options
    Thanks, i know that there are many many people out there with the same decision to make. I think i just needed to hear that I'm not alone. The evenings are the best time for me to work out personally, and i have slowly been fitting in a hr of elliptical time. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! :happy:
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    No--you are not. But I decided that me time is 5:30 am...at least until the kids are grown and gone.

I know the next 10 years are going to seem like nothing--time goes so fast--so if I let my kids' schedules interfere with my health I am going to be that much worse off when I do have time to exercise when I feel like it.
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options

^^^^

This. 4am every morning but Sunday. :D
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I do my workout during lunch on weekdays or in the morning on weekends for the same reason. There's no way I'm going to get up and work out after cooking dinner, helping with homework, and sending the kids off to bed.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Yep. I am totally lazy in the evenings after dinner, so 4:30 am wake-up it is!