I HATE water!

Options
I like water post workout. Give me some tips on getting enough water. Nope I do not like fruit in my water! Do like unsweet tea but there is that pesky caffeine thing that it has going on. I like eating ice but not that much. You hear some much that juice is bad for you. Go ahead and give me the skinny on the Crystal Light and other packets - bad or good. Tips Please!

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've had the raspberry lemonade Crystal Light packets. They are super yummy and easy since you can just put them in your waterbottle whenever you want a change!
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    rytal Light contains sugar ubstitutes that are bad for your health.

Try caffiene free iced tea, that woul work for you too!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    How about iced herbal teas? I find that basically hibiscus anything (or if it has hibiscus as an ingredient) makes a delicious fruity tea. Great iced.

Edit: Oh, maybe by "unsweet" tea, you mean you don't like fruity teas. I read that as "unsweetened". Anyway, if anyone does like a fruity, sweet-tasting (but not sweetened) tea, hibiscus is yummy! Calorie free and free from artificial sweeteners.
  • Robs_Journey
    Options
    I know what you mean. I like the Raspberry Green Crystal light packets. Not to fruity. They have a lot of flavors, try em all till you find one you like...
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I just force myself to drink it. Other than that, you can try the Crystal Light packets. They also have decaf tea bags.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    yup its crystal light for me too. I HATE water also, i've been told its bad for you, or you can cut cals that way, but ya know whats worse dehydration and thats what happens EVERY time i don't use crystal light so....i like raspberry lemonade and the strawberry energy. Also for a change Green tea is good for you boots metabolism, a little bit of energy and a lot less caffine. when crystal light has become a little boring thats what i use to mix it up.

Other things high is water, celery, watermelon, cantalope,- it helps aide water intake not enough by itself.
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    I drink a ton of water (12, 8 oz glasses or more a day). I LOVE the crystal light peach tea. It actually tastes like tea but does not have the caffine of tea. I also love the pink lemonade crystal light.

You can also buy decaffinated instant iced tea mix (I like Lipton decaf) . Most herbal teas are caffine free as well, make a quart and then put it in the fridge, drink it cold or heat it up in the micro if you want a hot drink.

The Registered Dietician I see, says that as long as a fluid is caffeine free and less than 40 calories a serving, I can count it as water.
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    You know what I did? I put mint leaves in my water. I just place the leaves, stems and all in the water. I stir vigorously. It leaves a refreshing after-taste and a clean, soothing feeling! My husband drinks it...and it takes a lot for him to drink water!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I think there is a new Crystal Light product called Pure Fitness that doesn't have any artificial sweetner. You may look into that.

Also, caffeine free tea.
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 oz. bottle of water with me, because I am just really bad at remembering to drink anything! So there it is, sitting there, a constant reminder of what I should be doing...and then I set a goal...such as, I will drink all of this before lunch time...and then I try to make sure I do it! It's the only way I get it down.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    You know what I did? I put mint leaves in my water. I just place the leaves, stems and all in the water. I stir vigorously. It leaves a refreshing after-taste and a clean, soothing feeling! My husband drinks it...and it takes a lot for him to drink water!
    I already love water and have no trouble drinking enough, but that sounds delicious! I'm going to try it. Thanks for the tip!
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i really like crystal light.,.,.,they have alot of different flavors.,.,my fav are fruit punch, orange, raspberry lemonade(not just plain raspberry that one is strong!) and pink lemonade. i give my son the Hawaiian punch ones but to me they are too strong.,.,those ones are sugar free too and usually only a dollar at the store for a pack of 10,.,.,.,my dad drinks those but dilutes them in a bigger glass of water.,.,.,my husband likes propel but those i think you can taste the sweetener too much.,.,i can't drink anything that i can taste that gross artificial taste.,.,.,that is what i like.,.,maybe brew decaf tea and then put it in the frig to make cold decaf tea.,.,i am not sure if they make a cold decaf tea bag:) oh yeah ocean spray has really good packets too:) taste just like the juice but sugar free!
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    I also just force myself to drink it. I don't try to make a beverage out of it or I'll find myself sipping on it and won't get the minimum 8 glasses in. I have a set of glasses and they hold 16 oz. When I wake up first thing in the morning i immediately down 1 that's 2 of my glasses down 6 more to go. I just "gulp" (for lack of a better word) the glasses of water straight down and get it over with.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    you said you do like unsweet tea? then make green tea or decaffinated tea... add lemon and some truvia and you are set!
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    I like water. My problem is I'm never that thirsty. I'm going pretty well today though.

Drink green tea. I absolutely love it. To me it doesn't taste much more different than black tea but there are so many more health benefits associated with it.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    fresca?
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    It is tasty...just don't forget to wash the mint! I forgot to mention that. Pesticides and other chemicals cause weight gain...so wash WELL! <3
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    I already love water and have no trouble drinking enough, but that sounds delicious! I'm going to try it. Thanks for the tip!

cucumbers in water are also very good. very refreshing...

we steep mint or lemonbalm in hot water in large glass jars and then put them in the fridge to chill. absolutely delicious.

other options might include lavender, sage or lemon verbena. all grow nicely in pots on the porch.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Ok that is what I needed to know. I love the Crystal lights and take them everywhere I go. However I was told that just drinking these and not plain water was bad. Sounds like I am doing what many do and this is add our wonderful little flavor packets to our drinks.

What type of green tea is best? There are so many out there.
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    try cucumber or lemon/lime