New My introduction

Options
Hi my name is Liz. I am 34 yrs old. I am a single mom to a 7 yr old girl. I grew up thin as a rail. I was teased for being skinny. During my early 20's I went on the Depo shot I had 3 injections. It almost killed me my thyroid went crazy, my stomach lining was shredded, my gallbladder slowly stared to die. I threw up almost every time I ate. Over the next 3 yrs I spent most of my time in bed sick. Eventually I had surgery to remove my gallbladder and for my stomach and was placed on thyroid medicine. During the 3 yrs I gained weight constantly. And at such a pace my skin would stretch horribly leaving scars. At my heaviest I was 320 lbs. I managed over the yrs to get down to 240 and became pregnant. But now I am back up 307 as of last week I freaked and cried I swore I would never hit 300 again. I was wrong. :( but today I went to the doctor for my blood results and everything looked create so dr. Suggested MPG said it worked for him. So here I am! My main challenge is gonna be taking in enough calories. And eating thru out the day. I usually only eat once or twice a day. I just don't feel hungry. This week I also started swimming 5 - 6 days a week. I am hoping I can get back to a healthy weight so I can do more physical activities with my daughter.. thank you all for listening!

Replies

• scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and good luck with your goals! Quite the ordeal you went through but sounds like you've made the decision to change things!
  • av2girl
    av2girl Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations on starting mfp! Feel free to add me :)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have hypothyroidism, PCOS, and got my gallbladder removed 5 months after having my first daughter!
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    congrats, welcome, and feel free to add me if you would like
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I also have a thyroid problem and had my gallbladder removed after a year of having supposedly panic attacks when I was really passing gallstones.
  • wildkitten_01
    Options
    Hey I'm wanting to get super fit...I have 13lbs to lose before I hit my target weight any tips, foods or ideas anyone has to help pls share them with me will be really appreciated...x:wink: feel free to add me my fitness friends
  • lexiesmom78
    lexiesmom78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!