11 months picture progress! 57lbs down :-)

Options
jhigg11
jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
11 months ago, I had a friend post a 30 day challenge to log your food for 30 days. I accepted the challenge and religiously logged everything I ate. I didn't think I would learn anything. I was shocked to find I knew nothing about food. I knew nothing about what carbs or proteins, what was good for me, what was bad. I was simply a mess. Having been diagnosed with a thyroid problem a few months prior, I knew my long term health depended upon me learning all these things. I had to get to get to know my body and start learning what foods were good for me. It was a journey, and I am so thankful I have been on it. My life is ever changing in all the positive ways that I could only have dreamed about. My family is so much healthier. My kids are seeing a mom they never had before. I am very blessed. My journey will be life long, but they say the hardest part is getting started and feeling committed. I would have to agree. Sometimes you have to get scared to realize how much of a mess you are. I also, stopped caring what people thought about me when I worked out. I was a hot mess out there, but I wasn't doing it for judgmental eyes, I was doing it for me. Once you relinquish the fear of judgment you will be well on your way to your goals. I mostly couldn't have done it without myfitnesspal. Even though I rarely log my food anymore, the support and information on this site has been so helpful to me, and I know it will continue to be. :-)

7a1f99d3-ca88-4f22-82da-11aa20cb9d84_zps65c0fce9.jpg

2fbc841b-a02d-4d0a-afb1-7d6f4db72e62_zpsb28f1fd4.jpg

9ced2933-4bc6-44d0-a9d6-06192db37a02_zps6488ed85.jpg

Replies

• cbenj09
    cbenj09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! What AMAZING progress. I can't help but notice how much younger you look, even in these pics! And, your skin has cleared up! Way to go, girl! Let's do it for the kids, let's do it for ourselves... keep at it!
  • tisamckim
    Options
    Great job!
  • ntdrive
    ntdrive Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    look awesome!!! great job
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fantastic!
  • KeKe10
    KeKe10 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Job!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • elove89
    elove89 Posts: 33
    Options
    Great Job....
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! What AMAZING progress. I can't help but notice how much younger you look, even in these pics! And, your skin has cleared up! Way to go, girl! Let's do it for the kids, let's do it for ourselves... keep at it!

AGREE! Great job!
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and healthy!! Congrats!!!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job. Slower is good, it teaches you to keep it off but you are losing at a very good rate. I lost about 40 lbs from last April until now, so my thyroid makes it slower than I like, but I'm thinner! I am hoping for another 40 loss this year!
  • Labrae90
    Labrae90 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wahooo!!!!! Girl you look fantastic!!! Great job and awesome dedication!!! You knew what you wanted and went after it! :flowerforyou:
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    That is great! Way to go!
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome!! Keep up the good work.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Amazing progress you look HAWT and totally diff great job!!!!!!!!!!
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    WOW, you look great!! Great inspiration.
  • jennbme24
    jennbme24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!!!! You look amazing, congrats!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Seriously!!!! You lost a lot of wt for one month, what superpower do you possess to be so wonderfully in touch with your inner self to stay committed and to focus on your overall health, You dropped about 10 yrs off your age in appearance and may very well, some day cure yourself of a thyroid disorder. Studying nutrition more these days myself.
  • jeanine182
    jeanine182 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: This is an amazing transformation ! Keep it up
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    awesome! great job!
  • kegbail
    kegbail Posts: 47
    Options
    You look AMAZING! What a transformation and inspiration. My goal is to lose a total of 53 pounds.....your pictures give me hope that my body can change to look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!