Studying for the CA Bar and exercising...oh my!

Options
Ugh...I'm studying for the CA Bar Exam right now, and only 2 weeks away. YIKES! I have such a hard time forcing myself to take any time off to exercise, but I know I need to for a couple reasons. One, its' good for me! Two, I've heard from a lot of people that if you exercise regularly coming up to the bar, it helps because you have increased stamina. The 3-day test is grueling. Anyone else in the same boat or have any suggestions?? Or should I just continue to put my life on hold for the next few weeks?

Replies

• krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    Exercising will help with some of the stress and anxiety. If you can squeeze even 30 mins in...it will pay off (emotionally/mentally) Good luck and that is a majore accomplishment that you CAN and WILL do:)
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I have a friend who just went through all that here in Colorado. She definitely made time each day to go for a jog or bike ride. Oh, and she passed. Its a good way to recharge your brain when you can't stuff anymore information in there.

Good luck and congrats!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try exercising first thing in the morning? That way it will get done and you can focus on all the other important things you have to do the rest of the day. Exercise helps you clear your mind, release stress and be able to think better, so I wouldn't give it up! You can do it! If you're like me, it will ADD stress if you stop working out anyway. So I always try to work out even when I don't feel like I have time or don't want to. I'm in college, so I know all about not feeling like I have time to work out because of needing to study. However, I always try to make it a priority. I have yet to finish a workout and regret doing it! Just remind yourself that exercising is actually helping you get ready for the upcoming exam. Good luck!!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Exercising in the morning first thing is a great idea, even if it's just for 30 minutes. If I don't, I spend half the day thinking about making time to exercise!
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    Wow good luck on your test! And i thought exercising and learning physics was hard XD And you should keep at it. You can't study for 24 hours straight a day. :yawn: You need a little recharge break! One thing that I do sometimes is I take a book that I'm studying with me and I walk at a slow speed on the tredmill and study. Or, if you have monotinous repetition things to do, record yourself and put it on your ipod and then exercise and just listen to it! Good Luck! :happy:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, if you like to exercise you could make it something to look forward toward, like a 4pm break. When I studied for the Bar my 4pm break was Oprah. It was just something to look forward to! But I understand, it's like you think you have to study every minute of every day to give yourself the best chance. But exercise and sleep are important to mental health so think of that as contributing-giving yourself the best chance by exercising, eating right and sleeping!