Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Maybe going to join a TRX bootcamp

So a boot camp is starting next Monday. I went to a small "traininng' last night since 24 hour fitnss is trying to sell this bootcamp. I really enjoyed it BUT you can't really make a sounds decision with jsut a few exercisess and the rah rah rahness of an instructor who is trying to get money out of you.

The bookcamp is 2 days a week and I would have to add the 6am classes. This would be IN ADDITION to my regular workouts which I do in the eveings

So is this as great as it seemed? Is is worth the price tag and 6am morning workouts for 6 weeks?

Any informnation would be extrememly helpful!! Thanks

Replies

• sarashiveley
    sarashiveley Posts: 25 Member
    i do trx at the ymca and its only offered saturday mornings at 8 am so i can only enjoy it once a week :( but i think it's totally worth it! it challenges your body and it'll be a different change of pace from your regular workout... can you drop out later and get your money back if you didnt end up liking it? you look awesome btw!! i think you would like the classes! also i hate the class while i'm taking it because of the instructor but afterwards i love it because it my body feels amazing and then i go for a run!
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    No, can't drop out and no refunds even for missed days. I do like to changes things up but it's $240 for 6 weeks and I already throw so muhc money at the gym is crazy
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    I just joined a bootcamp 2 weeks ago and am going 3 days a week at 6 a.m. until the end of June. I'm not working out at my regular gym on bootcamp days, that would be way too much and I'd be exhausted.

As it turns out I LOVE the bootcamp, best $400 I've spent on fitness in years! Sure I have to get up by 4:30 a.m. to be there on time, even on my Monday off (I can go home and go back to bed) and I'm wiped by the time I get to work at 7:30, but its SO worth it!

I'm pushing myself way out of my comfort zone at every workout (compared to my normal gym routine) and have surprised myself with how well I'm doing.

I say if you can afford it, go for it!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member

I say if you can afford it, go for it!

I agree. I've been enjoying all my gym extras. It's really adding spice to my days, and has helped me get over this plateau/stay motivated.
  • I did a TRX boot camp for 2 months. 2 classes a week. I enjoyed it.
    However, the only thing I didn't like about it is that you don't really notice improvements. Since its all body weight you can't really tell how much you're getting better. For example say I was able to bench press 50 lbs one week and the next I could bench 60lbs. That allows me to document the improvements in my strength with a TRX you cannot. Plus with the TRX there is only so much weight you can work with, which is just your body weight. That's just my opinion.