New Mom at 42...would love friends/support/encouragement

Options
Hi everyone....I've been on MFP for about 7 weeks now but am just figuring out how to use the forum...I have 2 biological children...one is 22 and my baby just turned 2.....being pregnant in my 40s was great but now I am faced with the huge challenge of getting rid of this weight...the most I've ever needed to lose...I'm on week 8 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution...I am losing and I love the program...I just need a little support...no one in my family or circle of friends is into eating healthy or fitness....any words of wisdom, encouragement are greatly appreciated! Feel free to add me! I love reading everyone's success stories. MFP is a great tool!

Angelina

Replies

• cyndyhaidaichuk
    cyndyhaidaichuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there, your post caught my eye because I'm a new *grandmom at 43. I have 4 children and my new grandson is 2 mos. I can't really blame the pregnancy but I know how hard it was for me to lose after my 2nd baby, 3rd baby and 4th baby so I can relate on that front!! I'm new to MFP myself but not new to working at losing weight, I've battled this battle for many years up, down, up, down. I actually started working at losing back in Dec. 2012, day after Christmas. I've lost 20 so far! Feel free to add me to your friend list if you want too!
  • Jenniferlynnmcbee
    Options
    I am 43 and will turn 44 this year. I have been on this site for 10 days and feel great!!
  • asouza369
    asouza369 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks ladies...would love the support...will add you both :-)

Congrats on becoming a Grandma cyndyhaidaich!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I too was pregnant at 40. I'm now 45 with three girls, my oldest is 18, middle 14 and my baby is 5. It is definite tell harder to lose after 40, but it can be done. I suffered a set back last year and am trying to get back on track.

Jillian has great workouts. I haven't followed any of her food plans. For the most part I try to eat basic unprocessed foods. I however am no where close to 100% on that. I just use it as a guiding principle.

I'll send you a friend request.
  • tonimarlene
    tonimarlene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I am 45 now with a 3 1/2 year old. She is our only one. We didn't think we wanted babies, but when I turned 40 I all of a sudden HAD to have a baby. We are so blessed now to have her. I lost 90 lbs 2 years ago with WW and gained back 50 in the last year and a half. I need to take off those 50 plus about 30 more. I would love to chat with one another and encourage each other as well. My name is Toni and I live in Southern California (Rancho Santa Margarita to be exact!)

Take care and good luck to everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 this summer-you can add me! :o)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a little older (don't know about wiser) but, I have two grandhildren of my own and 6 stepgrandchildren which are mine too. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Let me introduce a Y chromosome into the discussion. :smile:

I am new to MFP as well. I started on Sunday. I would be happy to add new friends for support and to support. Feel free to add me if you would like.

Jon
  • asouza369
    asouza369 Posts: 10
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone for the support...I will add you!
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm 42 as well, and my youngest son will turn 2 in June. I reached my weight loss goal in December, but it took me a while to figure out maintenance, and I still find MFP incredibly useful as a planning tool and for the community. I'm always happy to provide support & encouragement.
  • yeseniavlauderdale
    yeseniavlauderdale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Yesenia. I have two boys my youngest is going to be 2 in July. I have not been able to lose the weight. I saw your post and like you I'm looking for a little support and encouragement. I hope that we can help each other out. It looks like you are doing great. Keep up the good work smile:
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I am turning 41 this year and have two little ones under the age of 6. I will add you! Keep up the great work with Body Revolution. I am going to start that in June. I just finished Ripped in 30 and am going to do her Killer Buns & Thighs for a few weeks.
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I had my 2nd baby at 40 as well -- I'll be 45 next month and she's turning 5 in July. My oldest girl is 8. Losing weight in my 40's has definitely been more challenging, but this time I mean it!! LOL I've taken on a whole new attitude about the whole process and have revamped my lifestyle completely. It's definitely doable -- it's all in your state of mind, I'm now convinced. :happy:
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sending some friend requests to other "mature" moms...lol
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and I have been here for over 470 days going strong so if anyone wants some solid motivation or support please feel free to add me....I don't have any toddlers but I do have a 9 year old son and an 18 yr old step daughter if that counts....:laugh:
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    Awe, congrats, Mama!!!!

I'm 43 and I have a 14 year old (he'll turn 14 on Thursday) and a 6 year old. I'd love to have a friend! Feel free to add me.
  • lthawkins1
    lthawkins1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started a couple weeks ago, turned 40 and decided time for a change! looking for friends and encouragment this will be a rough road, started at 309 down to 296 as of this morning! goin strong :)