Big Move- Day 1- SO Glad My Guardian Angel Showed Up For Wor

Options
Manda86
Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
I wasn't yet an hour out of my home town, and a truck pulling a camper AND a uhaul ran me off of the road. He was going about 60 miles an hour, so I started to pass him on the left, and when I was about halfway past, he started coming over into my lane!! I laid on the horn, and he ignored it and KEPT COMING OVER... I ended up in a ditch full of mesquite. I am truly shocked that none of my tires were punctured. I've been run off of the road once before, that resulted in a broken axle, a messed up engine cradle, and about 5000 dollars total in damage... *yeesh*.. I panicked that time, and my car spun across 4 lanes of traffic. This time, I was calm and I casually drove my car into the ditch, slowly deccelerating.. I am so proud of myself! I didn't flip my car! Lol..

Anyways, I'm fine, the rest of my trip was pretty quiet, and I'm in Hope, AR, waiting for my PIZZA to be delivered... (I know, BAD Manda!!)

How're you all?

Replies

• Manda86
    Options
    I wasn't yet an hour out of my home town, and a truck pulling a camper AND a uhaul ran me off of the road. He was going about 60 miles an hour, so I started to pass him on the left, and when I was about halfway past, he started coming over into my lane!! I laid on the horn, and he ignored it and KEPT COMING OVER... I ended up in a ditch full of mesquite. I am truly shocked that none of my tires were punctured. I've been run off of the road once before, that resulted in a broken axle, a messed up engine cradle, and about 5000 dollars total in damage... *yeesh*.. I panicked that time, and my car spun across 4 lanes of traffic. This time, I was calm and I casually drove my car into the ditch, slowly deccelerating.. I am so proud of myself! I didn't flip my car! Lol..

Anyways, I'm fine, the rest of my trip was pretty quiet, and I'm in Hope, AR, waiting for my PIZZA to be delivered... (I know, BAD Manda!!)

How're you all?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Glad you made it safely. Enjoy the pizza.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Panda Bear!!!!
    UGH!!! Darn people!!!!!

I am so glad you're ok sweetness... *sigh*
    I'm sleepy so 'bout to go to bed... have to take the pup out 1st.

Enjoy the pizza! Num Num Num!:tongue:

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIIIIIIG HUGGERZ!!!!!!

:heart: you Panda!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good heck, Manda!!! :noway:

Glad you're okay!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Thanks, all,

I'm a bit sleepy myself... *yawn*

Thanks for all the prayers, they were put to good use!! lol...

Love you all,

*hugs*

:heart: Manda
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    wow...hugs and enjoy life now...teehee
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I want some pizza!!!!!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have been ran off the road, and had to have my brakes resurfaced, more times than I care to recall. I wish some people would just hang up their keys and call it good. I am glad you are okay.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well

Heres to you making the rest of the trip drama free. Being run off the road once should be enough for one trip.
  • melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! That's insane!!

In my opinion, you DESERVE the pizza after all of that!! Do they have "stress" as an exercise to count your calories on? :)

I'm glad you're OK!
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    hell man enjoy the pizza if it was me id want a stiff drink

glad you are ok.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    WOW! I would have been scared to death! Glad you're fine and the car is good, too. Be careful out there!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    did you get the plate? I have people, things could be done.

glad you're ok manda!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    OMG!!
    Thank goodness you are okay!

Wishing you a safe remainder of trip. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Holy crud..thank goodness you weren't hurt
    scary stuff

Kim
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    did you get the plate? I have people, things could be done.

glad you're ok manda!
    Super Banks to the rescue!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Jeesh!! Some drivers just should NOT Have a license!! Glad you are ok and your car was ok!

Anyway, hopefully that is the ONLY excitement of your trip and everything goes extra SMOOOTH!!

By the end of today you will be the newest resident of NC!!! :wink:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Jeesh!! Some drivers just should NOT Have a license!! Glad you are ok and your car was ok!

Anyway, hopefully that is the ONLY excitement of your trip and everything goes extra SMOOOTH!!

By the end of today you will be the newest resident of NC!!! :wink:

Woot woot!
  • Manda86
    Options
    When I'm there and I have a moment, I'll put together a slide show with all the pictures I've been taking, so's you guys can see my drive cross the U.S.... I've even done a dramatic reenactment of my facial expression whilst being edged off of the road... *giggle*
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Omg, that is too funny! I look forward to seeing the pics!!