A Dieter's Worst Nightmare.

Options
124»

Replies

• chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh that homeless shelter thing is a FANTASTIC idea!!!
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Once you can detox from sugar completely AND you change your mindset to realize that all of that processed food is garbage it will become much easier. Every month at work we have a Birthday/Anniversary celebration where there are multiple baked treats available. I show up to show my support for those celebrating..... but I don't have any treats and it feels good...makes you feel strong. If you can't change your mindset then you will struggle constantly. And for the record...I used to eat every sweet in sight...so I get it. First step...Detox....Second step....Educate yourself on healthy foods and the dangers of sugar and processed garbage. Jillian Michael's Master your Metabolism is a VERY GOOD read to help with this. Good luck!
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a bakery and it is hard!! KNOW THIS - sugar is highly addictive. One bite and it's not gonna stop. Your body demands it, then you crash, then you need more. So never let the cycle start! If you must have something "sweet" get a Myoplex EAS Light protein shake, and sip on that throughout your shift (strawberry is best!). Focusing on sipping something healthy (only 110 cals and 14 g protein) will help you realize how much crap you might otherwise just pop into your mouth without a second thought. Good luck, be strong, and say NO! Let everyone else eat it, while you shrink! :)
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    I work at a bakery that also does tons of gluten free and vegan options *which sound healthier* but they aren't. Everything is full of sugar and empty calories and DELICIOUSNESS.

I worked my way down from a cookie and scone every day to just a brownie bite (which is one quarter of a brownie) and then this month I am doing the whole 30 program so EVERYTHING is off limits. But you know what, you need to taste that stuff because you are the baker. I'm just a barista, so I get to eat whatever I want without making any of it. The actual baker next to me, she has been dieting, we always talked about the torture but just worked on portion, a quarter of something or just the bite you want *in my case the center of the cookie* that helped me really handle a lot of the craving. Even if its wasteful, if its something thats already going to waste, it doesn't have to go to your *kitten*.

SHARE THE COOKIE

BREAK THE COOKIE AND THROW AWAY THE PARTS YOU DONT CARE FOR

let yourself have enjoy one thing a day.
  • chkn_WANG_Train
    Options
    ALSO: we both always bring nut butter and snacks (either apples or celery) to work, that helps a lot also. or an orange. something thats sweet and delicious enough to distract you. and once you have something healthy in your mouth you'll (mostly) forget about that junk you were lusting on.
  • L1zzydarcy
    L1zzydarcy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem staying out of my cube-neighbor's candy bowl. What got me to stop was to make the rule for myself that I could have all the candy I wanted if I went downstairs and bought it. It's not that I'm cheap and unwilling to buy it, it was that it was just enough of a break to make me think if it was something I really wanted, or a reflex because the Snickers were staring at me. Good luck!
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Make sure you bring a lunch and snacks with you even though you work a shorter shift than a "typical" work day. I feel your pain as I used to work in the kitchen of a pizza place. When you feel tempted by baked goods eat the food you brought. Also remember all that food is merchandise and (depending on your employer's policy) eating it is theft, even if it is just a broken corner. I used that all the time to keep me from eating items that were rejected. Just stick with it and it will become second nature to you! You can do it!
  • jackflak
    jackflak Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not smelling it helps alot. And gum and having a diet soda.