Calling all June Starters! June 19th

Options
busymom74
busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
Alright girls! Get you're booties back here!

I had a great weekend and a great Monday. (who knew that was even possible??) My cousin went into labor a month early!!! She had her baby just fine and is already home. Only 2.5 hours of labor! (I'm jealous!) We got to see her Sat and then again yest. She is the cutest thing! Only 5 lbs 14 oz. (Compared to Elly who was 8lbs 10oz she's TINY) I was in with my cousin during part of her labor but chickened out and left. I swear I had symothy cramps! So my bf holds her and an hour later is all "I want one- let's do it" and yadda. Me- HECK NO! I saw her face! That was torture! :laugh:

I have to admit- it does make me want another one just a little. Maybe next year after we get our dental bills cleared up.

Replies

• shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    Awww congratulations! I go through phases where I'm totally ready to have kids and want them now then other times where I'm like "whoa...not so fast"

Hopefully in the next couple years.
  • busymom74
    Options
    I don't think you're ever really ready. lol Especially if you think it all through. I keep saying if we could "accidently" have another it'd be perfect. :wink: :laugh:

Also- I clearly put the wrong date on our thread. **sigh
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    hahaha I didn't even notice. Oh well! :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Is this the newest thread? It says June 19th, but you said you put the wrong date on it =)
    I can't find anything newer.... ?
  • busymom74
    Options
    Yea this is the newest. We're in the future on this thread. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Ok maybe not. :laugh:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Hey girls! Happy to report that I'm still alive! I've gone into deep hermit mode recently as I'm currently writing the thesis for my master's degree. I've been sort of halfheartedly tracking, and I don't think I've even weighed myself for at least three weeks! But I saw this thread and had to at least say hi!

I've posted some newer pictures of myself (profile) that were taken about a month ago at my friend's wedding. It was great to see some people I haven't seen in a long time and see the look of shock on their faces! :bigsmile:

Congrats busymom on the newest addition to the family. Speaking of new additions, I wonder how yollie is doing in her pregnancy? I think she's due in the next few weeks!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Wow Schlieffen! You look GREAT!

Yolie had her baby! If you look through past posts you can see some pics! She's so cute!

Also- that brings me to an idea. I think we should just do "June Starters July" and the "June starters August" or something. We start a new thread each week and it seems to almost be a waste. :sad: And they're hard to find and such.

What do you all think? We can use this thread until Aug. ?
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Aww, I feel bad for missing the announcement, her baby is precious!

The monthly thread idea sounds good to me, but I'm rather indifferent.
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hi all! The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the monthly thread. We should still check in once a week but we'll save a ton of threads from being wasted and it would be so much easier to find. Let me know your thoughts though!

I tried on my prom dress this morning! It fits better than ever! It's white so of course bf is talking marriage again. LOL He said I looked great. :smooched: I spent my hour of workout time comparing pics from prom to the mirror. :laugh: :laugh: It was worth it!!!!!!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there all ... just popping in to say hey. I've been so busy with my daughter's wedding plans that the computer has become a luxury I can't find much time for. The shower is done, and the stag & doe is done ... now next is the bachlorette party then the big day on August 20th ... and then ... a brunch at my house on the 21st ... and then ... WOO HOO ... I'll get my life back.
  • busymom74
    Options
    Magglett- Thats SO exciting!!!!!!!

I pre-weighed today and am down .7 lbs. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I changed my cals to only lose .5 lbs so it was more managable. I was constantly going over and then going WAY over since I "already ruined the day". I'm sure we've all been there. It's exciting though that I'm losing more eating more cals. I just can't seem to get it. More food= bigger loss????? I'll take it! :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    It's so great catching up with you guys.... I've really missed you....

I like the idea of the monthly post... except for the fact that sometimes they get so full it is hard to keep up with a new reply... does that make sense? But really , it doesn't matter to me... I'm good with whatever the majority wants :wink:

Busymom, I pretty much think you're awesome!! Not only have you checked on me here, but facebook also. Thank you for "holding my feet to the fire" when I need it :wink: And thank you for not letting the June Starters die :flowerforyou: You're fabulous!!!

News on me... I'm holding steady at 209.2.... Seriously... the .2 hasn't changed... I giggled to myself this morning... But I'm ready to start kicking my butt again... Let's go girls!!! Whatever it takes... Let's get back in the game

I'm thinking that some of us may need to freshen up our workout... Find that spark that kept us excited about it in the beginning...
    Whether its a new workout DVD, some new shoes, new workout clothes, new gym membership... Whatever it is that will spark the life back into our routine... Let's find it... And share it when you find it... It could help the rest of us who are struggling to get back in the game... :heart:
  • magglett
    Options
    I'm thinking that some of us may need to freshen up our workout... Find that spark that kept us excited about it in the beginning...
    Whether its a new workout DVD, some new shoes, new workout clothes, new gym membership... Whatever it is that will spark the life back into our routine... Let's find it... And share it when you find it... It could help the rest of us who are struggling to get back in the game... :heart:

It's funny you should say that ... I was in a real rut there and I needed something to get me back to my walking/hiking routine so now I've been Geocaching since May and I must say ... it's definitely my new addiction. It's been awesome, I'm constantly amazed at the things I've discovered right here in my own neighbourhood ... trails, beaches, lighthouses, cemeteries, streams, waterfalls, you name it ...I had no idea these things were here, and I've lived here my whole life!!! My BFF and I went on a weekend road trip so I found out what caches would be in the area we were going to and we cached there too ... seriously, I love doing this and I get great pictures and memories along the way. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it for fresh air and exercise :flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. I agree that for now 1 thread a month is probably good since the board is not getting much action with summer. Glad to see some of you who have been missing for a while. I will be missing myself probably until August. Stick with it ladies!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Aww, I feel bad for missing the announcement, her baby is precious!

The monthly thread idea sounds good to me, but I'm rather indifferent.

Thanks! I was due on July 10th, but she came four weeks early on June 12th!

CW: 150.5
    GW: 135 then 125

Only 15 pounds to my mini-goal! :happy:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Yolie I think you should post new pics of the baby. Ya know- So Schlie can see them. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (the rest of us wouldn't mind either. :bigsmile: )
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Yolie I think you should post new pics of the baby. Ya know- So Schlie can see them. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (the rest of us wouldn't mind either. :bigsmile: )
    haha ok here ya go
    45weeks.jpg
    4weeks-1.jpg
  • magglett
    Options
    Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness!!! What a cutie patootie ... CONGRATULATIONS Yolie!!! :flowerforyou:
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness!!! What a cutie patootie ... CONGRATULATIONS Yolie!!! :flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW Thanks for that! I have my baby fix for the day.