Changes to Level 2 of 30 Day Shred

Options
After doing Day 3 of Level 2 I think I'm going to have to make some changes. I did the video 4 hours ago and my hands are still numb from the plank moves because of my carpal tunnel. I spend so much time trying to fight the pain in my hands and wrists and get into proper plank form that I miss half of the workout. I'm thinking about switching out the plank moves and instead doing some of the moves in level 1. Will this still give me a effective workout?

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    As long as you're still working out, even if the exercises aren't totally "equal", it's a good thing. I know I had to modify some things my own way because of pins in my ankle and I still benefited from 30 DS. So do whatever you need to...it's all good!
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred too . maybe you could do your plank moves on you elbows rather than your hands. have attached a link to show it hope that helps :D
    :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAquNEPq_rc
  • jenanigans_from_space
    Options
    I love doing the plank but I have major pain issues with my right wrist. My PT suggested using a weight. Just grab a couple of 2kg or higher small weights and hold onto them on the ground instead of flattening your hand. Alternatively, close a fist and knuckle the ground if it's soft, or if you're doing your plank on a yoga mat. It will hurt too much on a hard surface. You can do this for push-ups as well!