PROTEIN SHAKES???

Options
So I am on this high protein kick due to my nutrionist telling me to. I drink a protein shake in the morning with breakfast, but the protein shake is so gross I have to chug it really quickly followed with a glass of water.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there any way to make it taste better? I know I am ask a lot her, but something has to give right?

Replies

• sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just had the best protein shake at the gym yesterday... they used almond milk with 1/2 a banana! soooo yummy :)
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    What kind are you drinking? I googled "protein shake recipes" and got some great ideas from that. Maybe you could do the same.
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Vanilla and love it. You should google protein shake recipes.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I use EAS chocolate - one scoop with 12 oz unsweetened almond milk and I love it too :) sometimes I throw in a few frozen strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. I am not a banana fan, but some people like those!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I like Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie and various flavors of Chike. And that's about it because I'm picky that way. :laugh:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I use Perfect Isopure low carb protein mix (dutch chocolate is my favorite) and I mix it with water, ice and peanut butter. 50 grams of protein, 6grams of carb (or something close to that) and including the peanut butter it is a little over 300 calories. And it is yummy (but I tried one with banana and the texture was strange).
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I use herbalife and i love there shakes and the flavors they offer!!!!
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    get a protein powder , I went to my local health foods store and asked for one that the helper thought tasted good. MRM Veggie Protein powder. From there you can make your own , I use 1 cup unsweetened almond or unsweetened coconut milk, I add 1 tsp ground flax seed and 1 tsp bakers cocoa and sprinkler some cinnamon and add 4 ice cubes. I like it cold and find this very good. You can make it thicker by reducing or increasing the amount of milk or ice. For my husband , I also add a handful of berries . I eat my one strawberry on the side...Just experiment till you find a mix that you like. May brands have little one serving packets that you can try before committing to a whole jar full. I like a kind that is a meal supplement that is made with Whey ..but once I am done with the container that I have I am going back to the veggie one..as I am not certain that the one with whey isn't causing inflammation.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Try a different brand or flavor. I just mix it with water most of the time.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Gaspari Myofusion, so far it's the only one i like.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I used to think my protein powder tasted terrible but that was because I didn't read the directions and was adding too much liquid
  • GG1523
    GG1523 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try putting PB or PB2 its choclate and peanut so good in shakes. Its a powder and 85% less fat than regular PB
  • keciafiori
    Options
    Most stores carry a variety. Buy the small size and try them out. Be careful, some have a lot of calories if you are watching for that.
  • amanda6564
    amanda6564 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have just been following the instructions on the back to mix one scoop with skim milk or water.

I will definitely look up some shake recipes. :happy:
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try mixing it with other things,
    I have coffee protein with 2 shots of espresso and some water which is pretty yummy,
    I also add the powder to oats or whetbix
    Recently tried a 'mug cake' with powder in also which was pretty great for a snack or sweet treat
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Add fruit like bananas or frozen strawberries...depending on the flavor you have it should be okay...the one I have is good alone but I like to add stuff to it sometimes.
  • swimmerboy15
    Options
    You must be drinking crappy protein if it tastes bad...all mine tastes good. Right now I am using...

Optimum Nutrition Strawberry
    True Nutrition Orange Creamsicle Concentrate
    Trutien Chocolate Covered Banana

Get different protein
  • miseducation1327
    miseducation1327 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Isagenix - delicious and can be used with shakes alone or as a complete cleansing and nutritional system.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I use the Market Pantry brand from Target ...tastes fine, not expensive. I had an awesome protein smoothie for breakfast...a scoop of powder, a ripe pear and a quarter of an avocado....blended with water. Yum.
  • debtyler61
    Options
    I mix mine with coffee too! and ice.....love it for breakfast :love: