so i dont run..like outside ever

Options
and today im taking the leap and going to the park and running :) not to mention im in denver the altitude is gonna murder meeee.

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I don't run unless something is chasing me. :)

You can do it! Good luck!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do this
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Running outside is awesome, I hate the dreadmill. I'm in Albuquerque, we're even higher in elevation...you'll get used to it. Besides, elevation isn't really a factor between outdoors and indoors...what will be more difficult is the natural terrain changes, wind, and the fact that you have to propel yourself by yourself rather than the treadmill giving you a little boost.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I love running. I just wish my knee would finally heal so I can go back to it.
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Go and have fun. I'm in Albuquerque which also has a high altitude. It isn't bad if you pace yourself and once you get used to it imagine how you'll feel running somewhere like San Diego. :laugh:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't run inside...like ever. Be careful, you might enjoy it :smile:
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way, until I started exercising outdoors more. I like to run with my dogs now, and it's certainly more entertaining to watch them chase squirrels, than to hang out on a treadmill for what seems like forever. It also makes the run go by faster for me. Have fun!
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love running. I'm at 250 miles since the end of February :) My goal is 1000 by the end of the year.
  • Butterflyblue_
    Butterflyblue_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't run .....

INSIDE

ever!!! Unless I have no choice. Start out slow...... your body will acclimate itself to the high altitude

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    If you live in Denver altitude won't be a problem. I live in Texas, basically at sea level. It took me 3 days to adjust but I finally did. Take it slow and just enjoy yourself!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Outside is much better--enjoy!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I only run outside. The treadmill depresses me. You run and you run and nothing ever gets any closer...
  • Cgarcia214
    Cgarcia214 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    haha, I just got back i ran two miles it was really nice ill go up from there :) and i like running indoors, its obviously easier but its comfortable to me. colorado is so beautiful though. its not quite boston. haha