Going to lose weight in a healthy way this time

Options
I have always done stupid diets to drop weight fast, but always gain it back. This time, I will eat healthy, track my calories and just make a lifestyle change. 50 lbs by Christmas!!!!!!

Replies

• Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Ditto! I am on week 8 of counting calories, monitoring portions, making healthy choices and working my butt off at the gym. This is the first time in the 2.5 years since my son was born that I decided to do this the RIGHT way. Before, I thought cutting carbs was the way to go and I failed every time because I was SO restricted.

A 50lb weight loss by Christmas is a great goal! Good luck to you (:
  • Natalimb
    Natalimb Posts: 14
    Options
    Exactly, no carbs gives fast results but I am doing some half marathons and I felt so weak after do a run with no carbs, so I need to know this will be slow and steady! Good luck to you!
  • SarahJBruner
    SarahJBruner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is going to work!! Portion control and exercise! I can't deny myself everything because then I only want it more. But as long as I'm tracking what I eat and making smart choices (most of the time), I think I will succeed! :)
  • Natalimb
    Options
    In my Skinny rules book it says to have one splurge meal a week! LOL which is funny, I always thought it was a cheat day!!! Now I see what I did wrong!
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have found that restricting yourself to a certain calorie allowance per day is hard. I try to hit 12,600 calories per week. This way, if I have a day I'm not very hungry, I may only eat 1,200 calories, and some days I may have 2,400. It all evens out at the end of the week.
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I try to follow the 80/20 rule. Basically eating well 80% of the time and then having 20% for "fun food". So it breaks down to eating well or 5 meals and then having one meal that you splurge a little. I think it's important to have some splurge in there. Otherwise you end up feeling restricted, and that could lead to a nasty binge!
  • Natalimb
    Options
    After tracking on this app, for the past 2 days, I havent even reached 1200 calories, and i feel that I ate all day! I am making good decisions veggies and fruit, chicken but today I am showing only 700 calories.
  • Schmidty102
    Options
    Make sure you are netting at least 1200 calories. Eating under this can cause your body to freak out and start holding onto every ounce of fat it can, and can make weight/fast loss much harder.
  • Natalimb
    Options
    LOL, I bet my splurge is different than most!
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have found that restricting yourself to a certain calorie allowance per day is hard. I try to hit 12,600 calories per week. This way, if I have a day I'm not very hungry, I may only eat 1,200 calories, and some days I may have 2,400. It all evens out at the end of the week.

I like this approach. Just curious - do your low and high calorie days tend to correspond with days on which you don't or do workout, respectively?
  • Natalimb
    Options
    Thank you for the comments!!!!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great plan... Think positive...you will make it...
  • Schmidty102
    Options

I like this approach. Just curious - do your low and high calorie days tend to correspond with days on which you don't or do workout, respectively?

Sometimes it does, and other days it just depends on how busy I am. Some days I am busy with school and often won't eat anything until late in the afternoon, and won't get more than 1,200-1,400 calories in. I should be averaging 1,800 a day. I just try to keep track of it all and know that if I have a day where I am under 300 calories, I can be over 300 on another.
  • KenzieeeBrooke
    KenzieeeBrooke Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I am also trying to lose wight the healthy way, no more starving myself! :)
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    it's only been a month and I've already lost 20 pounds!! I know it sounds like I must have been doing something unhealthy and wrong, but i promise i'm not. I started with a pretty strict low carb/low fat diet for two weeks just to re-set my habits. I have getting less strict, but I am still eating mostly lean proteins and veggies. The weird thing is I have been eating less than 1000 calories a day, which I know is a no-no. But i feel great! tons of energy, I don't feel hungry, and the weight is falling off. As soon as my body tells me to take it easy, I will listen, but so far I feel fantastic. I have also been doing half an hour of strength training and half an hour of cardio every day.
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal, totally doable!