Women, how do you support your girls?

Options
Okay I have been doing Insanity now for 3 weeks. My bras are not cutting holding up my girls. I realize this is a person question but what bras are you using to help with the support?

And do you recommend underwire or non underwire? I know its a personal preference but just curious what is helping everyone. I am a size D bra so I need the support.

I was working out the other day and my 16 year old daughter said "Mom you need to put a bra on or your gonna knock yourself out" I showed her my bra strap and said I do have one on. Then we both laughed like idiots. So I thought I better do something.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• christimccarty
    Options
    so wish I had this problem!!! :(
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I use what I consider a uni-boob sports bra lol

I bought my sports bras at Target and they have no underwire. I am a D as well, I believe mine are large size. I prefer my bra very snug and to hold the girls as close to my body as possible. I cannot stand having them flop around. That hurts me and makes me feel insecure and if I feel insecure I cannot get a good workout in.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use an underwire and a really good sports bra on top of that. I used to do the same when I rode horses everyday too.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm a dd, and I love the energy bra from lulu. Keeps me from bouncing around during high impact activities
  • classc1
    classc1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Personally I love the Victoria Secret VSX Sport Maximum Support Sports Bras. They work great for me with my 36D's.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm DDs and my favourites are Berleis - they're supposed to cut the bounce by 50%-60%. I use these bras on the days when I'm running or doing higher impact exercises:

http://www.berlei.com.au/sport-bras.html
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I wear an underwirw and sports bra as well. I can't work out if they a flopping around
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Double up sports bras.

I can't find a reasonably-priced one that doesn't suck, and I refuse to spend $40+ on one to have to wait and see how well it works.

ETA: A significant part of my problem is that I have some HUGE boobs.
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got a great one at Walmart (if you can believe it) it's got great support and is almost like a halter top in the back.... damn I wish I could remember the brand, lol. I never got whiplash once! lol and trust me... without that bra it's a 93.2% possibility. lmfao
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    Moving comfort Fiona or jubralee are my favorites. I'm a 34dd and they keep the girls where they belong. They aren't cheap but it is worth it for the good support and no uniboob.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I use what I consider a uni-boob sports bra lol

I bought my sports bras at Target and they have no underwire. I am a D as well, I believe mine are large size. I prefer my bra very snug and to hold the girls as close to my body as possible. I cannot stand having them flop around. That hurts me and makes me feel insecure and if I feel insecure I cannot get a good workout in.

This! I bought mine from Target. I'm a D cup. I always double check to make sure that the straps are tight. If I am going on a run, or using the elliptical I wear two sports bras
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Check out titlenine.com they have some really nice sports bras that work well. I'm an F or G depending on the Brand.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I was a D when I started and am a C (barely) now. My favorite sports bra is the Moving Comfort Phoebe. Yup, another uniboob bra, but it keeps the girls from bouncing.

Should add that I've tried a number of other bras, including at least 4 other Moving Comfort models. This is the one that works for me, but we're all different. Once you find one that works, keep your eye out for sales and buy when you see your model cheap. I think I'm up to 6 Phoebes now (2 are getting older and will probably be retired later this year)--they retail for $36, but I don't think I've paid more than $20 or $22, and as little as $10.
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I would just use two sports bras but I looked on amazon for high impact sports bra and it worked great
  • alysonkrogers
    alysonkrogers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Title Nine has awesome sports bras. The only problem is you have to order them online and can't try them on. They are the only company I will buy bras from
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem lol
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Buy the best sports bra you can find. So much support for my twins and it's sweat-resistent.