Help me get motivated..Tired of giving up

Options
Hi - I'm 24 years old and overweight. Today 4/18, I weighed myself and was the highest I've ever been (200 lbs). It was a reality check for me. I can't keep up with this anymore. I've been overweight and now obese for 12 years and just need a change but can't find any motivation to at all.

Now at 200 lbs, I can't keep going. I want to turn my life around. I would love to have some fitnesspal friends as support, those who are starting or those who are halfway done or those who were successful but just something to keep me going.

Please let me know.

Replies

• athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I just started! I'm looking for support too, I'm 23. I had been gaining weight for a few years, then had a baby and never worked to lose the weight. I started at 202lbs, tried working out at home, but I made excuses and didn't stick with it. I joined Curves a couple months ago and thats been going great, but I started doing couch to 5k and hurt myself pretty badly. I won't be able to workout for awhile but this monday I am restarting my diet and hoping to stick with it this time! I weigh around 192 now, I won't weigh myself until Mon morning for the official weigh in. My goal is to be somewhere around 150-160, it depends on how I look and feel if I'm fit and firm I don:t care if I'm 170. lol. I'm 5'7". Feel free to add me! We can encourage eachother!
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was 200 lbs when I started my weight loss. My goal is 140 also. Or at least it is for now. I will wait and see as I get closer if I really want to get to 140 or not.
    I am at 166 now.
    I lost some before joining MFP but once I discovered this place it all became much easier !! Very supportive people here !!
    I log everyday, everything that I eat and drink !

I started out watching my portions because I was eating way more than I should !
    Now I eat pretty much whatever I want but smaller portions and through out the day and evening.

I love vegetable though and I eat them in many different ways alone or with deer meat, chicken, etc.
    I don't really want sweets but if I want something like that I just make sure it will fit in to my calorie diary for the day.

You CAN do this !!

There are many more people with a lot more experience than me (I am still a beginner) that will reply and help you out with any questions you may have.
    Have a great evening and congrats on starting your new life style !!
  • felicityfancypants
    felicityfancypants Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please add me, if you like. I'm overweight and I have been for 16 years. I'm tired of it as well. I'm ready to dedicate to it. :) Good luck on your journey. <3
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I was 215, and now I am 180. I am not stopping until I achieve my goals. You have come to the right spot. MFP is filled with people who are friendly and very informative. Add me! I will motivate you and you can help me too :)
  • lilbuddha007
    lilbuddha007 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! I committed to MFP on 3/15 ! My weight in Feb was 173, now I'm at 164). I'm a TOTAL couch potato but trying to be better. Oh, and I love cookies. And cake. and tons of unhealthy foods. If I can lose weight, anybody can!!!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated.... Oh well!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Samaira_Delise
    Samaira_Delise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We can help each other stay motivated. I give up easily as well, but not this time. I'm in it to win it. Weight 205. Doing my first 1 mile backward race this weekend.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow! That had to be the fastest, oddest, and confusing ragequit ever
  • Textmessage
    Options

I like how there's still a bump and an added motivator regardless of the fact OP is gone.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I like how there's still a bump and an added motivator regardless of the fact OP is gone.

Well, I proclaim thread free for all!!!! Woo!!!

And is that Goku's hair on your head?
  • Textmessage
    Options

Well, I proclaim thread free for all!!!! Woo!!!

And is that Goku's hair on your head?

I don't remember who I stole it from. :P I believe it is though.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Must not have been a big enough reality check for her lol...
  • teambrash
    Options
    I joined a long time ago and never had any friends or motivation. Now, another baby later, I have gained even more!!!! I feel your pain, and am ready to do something about it.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Must not have been a big enough reality check for her lol...

Well, a bigger one will be coming no doubt.
  • michael7819
    michael7819 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to keep up with you & encourage you on this site. I used this site for a few months over a year ago, and just coming back to it after a reality check from my doctor. I want to lose about 30 lbs and develop better eating habits. What are your goals?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    self-motivation.jpg