Help! Lunch ideas????

Options
mekhala
mekhala Posts: 123 Member
Hi All

Has anyone got any lunch idea's. I work in an office and find a floppy salad a bit of a bore.... I have come out today without any lunch, I dont want to sway off track, has anyone got any ideas what i can buy for lunch without making me fall off the wagon??

HELP...!!

Replies

• solvig
    solvig Posts: 25
    Options
    While salads are your best diet friend, you still have lots of options. You can get a frozen turkey burger patty throw it in a plastic baggie with some seasonings and let it thaw, then just microwave it for a few minutes, serve with mustard and a side of cucumber "fries" or other veggies. Hummus and veggies make a yummy lunch, with maybe some grapes on the side. I also am known to do the fridge clean out pot-o-soup. Take all your random, about to go bad veggies, throw them in a pot with some low sodium vegetable stock, spices that you like, and let it cook. That makes a great healthy, low-calorie lunch.

Good luck!
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have come in more prepared today!!

and going to try a randon soup tonight, ready for tomorow.

Thanks again
  • jannylou
    jannylou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the Morning Star Asian Veggie Burger on a thin wheat bun with a cabbage slaw made with a small amount of Asian dressing.
  • angel60067
    angel60067 Posts: 12
    Options
    I make talapia/chicken for the week and have that for lunch along with veggies. I also have soup for lunch with a pita sandwich.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like sandwiches or wraps for lunch, because I get the carbs and protein I need for working out direclty after work and they keep me full the rest of the day. I usually take a pkg of bagel thins, pitas or whole wheat tortillas, some lunch meat, a package of cheese or a flavored cream cheese spread and leave them in the breakroom (I work in a small office) so that I have lunch already there for the days I don't bring leftovers.
  • adams068
    adams068 Posts: 3
    Options
    I make salads, or sandwiches. I have seen a girl at my work who puts the frozen veggies (already cut up and ready to go) in one of those glad plastic containers and leaves it in the fridge at work. when its time to eat she puts a little water in there and puts it in the microwave.....