Infused water

Options

Replies

• brandilrivera
    Options
    Hello....I just recently started doing this using 24 ounce Ball canning jars. I have tried blueberries, strawberries, lime, lemon, cucumber, apples, cinnamin sticks, mint leaves, mango and oranges........different combinations of all of these. The jars work really well.
  • Dotyfahed
    Dotyfahed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    great idea. Love the mason jar idea too.
  • Grabbit5
    Grabbit5 Posts: 9
    Options
    apple slices and cinnamon sticks all the way
  • LemonKissy
    LemonKissy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.infusedwaters.com/

Lots of great recipes. I drink a lot of tea in the winter, but try to do an infused water every day.
  • allie316
    allie316 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how long do fruit/vegies last in water? I made cucumber and lime last night before bed, drank tonight when I got home from work. Some websites say 8-12 hours, some are saying 3-5 days!

A clear answer would be awesome!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I did this once with crabapples but substituted the water for vodka - results? Apple shots :drinker:
  • sherri_bee
    sherri_bee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fresh rosemary and pineapple chunks is my current fave :-)
  • aljharris
    Options
    I love the cucumber, mint, raw ginger and lime as a detox. I have seen my stomach go down, but not the weight loss I anticipated. However, I love the recipes I have found on line and I will continue to make this an everyday regimen.
  • aljharris
    Options
    I have kept mine for as long as 4 days. I am now sure of the potency after 4 days. Various websites have said approximately 3 days.
  • aljharris
    Options
    I have kept mine for as long as 3 days, however various websites I have visited all seem to recommend approximately 3 days
  • cik123
    cik123 Posts: 1
    Options
    I find drinking sparkling water with some raspberries and mint in helps too! I also sometimes I use blueberries and strawberries! :)
    It's like having a 'mocktail' without all the sugars! :)
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and cucumber....
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I go to Sonic I get water with Strawberry and Pineapple.... #tryit #good
  • suga1018
    suga1018 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always do lemon and cucumber. delish
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you don't really need a "special pitcher" for it, do you? because i make infused waters at work all the time in my regular water bottle. i love cucumber and mint water though, so refreshing.
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I add lemon, cucumber and mint most often. Sometimes I'll grab some frozen pineapple or strawberries or blackberries and mint. It helps mix things up a bit.
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ahhh dang it. I've been meaning to try making infused water for weeks, but I keep forgetting. I'm so glad I saw this thread.

I wish I could make one with raspberries, strawberries, lemon... hmm. :/
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fresh rosemary and pineapple chunks is my current fave :-)

OMG I love that idea. Must try it.
  • qmmanager69
    qmmanager69 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon sticks and apple slices......YUM!
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love me some Lime & Mint Water. So refreshing!