Dumb question!

Options
MzMolly
MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
Does anyone know if you measure pasta before you cook it or after? I was thinking it is before but the box I have does not say.

Replies

• CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No question is a dumb question. I am not sure about that. I usually measure after it is cooked but I may be doing it wrong...SORRY
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    this is a hot question this week! 2 oz dry 1 cup cooked
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    yeah def hot question this week. I agree with above, you can do both measure dry or cooked, just they are defferent measurements-obviously most often on the box its the dry measurement.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    there is no such thing as dumb questions, only stupid answers.

anyway. I've always been taught recipes are done with dry measurements, but when you portion it out, use the cooked measurements. I know it's confusing. but there should be an answer somewhere.
    when it doubt, google it out.
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    When putting it on your plate use the cooked measurement. If i am not mistaken the food calculator attached to this web site does the measurement cooked.
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was thinking the same thing but wanted confirmation. I appreciate everyones help.
  • mhesterruns
    Options
    Kudos to you for asking. I have always wondered too so you are not alone! I always measure the cup cooked just because it is easier then counting out how many strands of dry spaghetti are in the 2 oz and and then counting out the same number of cooked:)