I'm Back and Determined to Win by Losing

Options
I joined MFP in January 2012. I was 173lbs and decided I could lose 10lbs without logging. I mean-how hard could that be. So-I stopped logging and prepared to lose the weight...well...without logging. Towards the end of 2012 I noticed my clothes were fitting quite snug, but thought I should start air drying them because the dryer was causingg them to shrink. LOL!

On January 7, 2013 I weighed in at 203lbs. I was devistated, but made a decision to make better eating choices and move my body more. I started at the gym (again), walking and doing 30 minute cardio dvds at home. I was proud of myself and knew there had been a change in my body. The scale thought otherwise. I had gained another 2lbs. I was now 205lbs Well, I weighed in this morning and was 196. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's enough to keep me on my journey.

January 2012-173lbs
January 2013-203lbs

1st Goal -185

2nd Goa l-175

3rd Goal - 167 (I can see my cheekbones and jawline at this weight)

4th Goal - 160

Before I have another baby goal -150

Wish me luck! I'll need it. I need friends!!!!

Replies

• flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya sister! I weigh 202lbs at the moment, or at least around that. A few weeks ago I got down from around 218 to 196 but then went on an all inclusive holiday and well, here I am :(

My target is 159lbs or somewhere around there, I'm 5ft 8/9 and am (sadly) quite big boned so I don't know how realistic I'm being! I'll sure help keep you motivated if you want :)
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That's great :) Focus on your fitness and making good food choices and you'll have the skills to maintain a lifetime of healthy weight! Make sure you're eating enough to fuel those workouts and keep that metabolism burning.

You can do it.
  • tyranelson
    tyranelson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your honesty is so refreshing and inspirational! We're all in this together! Thank you for sharing and I will continue to share in return!
    I joined MFP in January 2012. I was 173lbs and decided I could lose 10lbs without logging. I mean-how hard could that be. So-I stopped logging and prepared to lose the weight...well...without logging. Towards the end of 2012 I noticed my clothes were fitting quite snug, but thought I should start air drying them because the dryer was causingg them to shrink. LOL!

On January 7, 2013 I weighed in at 203lbs. I was devistated, but made a decision to make better eating choices and move my body more. I started at the gym (again), walking and doing 30 minute cardio dvds at home. I was proud of myself and knew there had been a change in my body. The scale thought otherwise. I had gained another 2lbs. I was now 205lbs Well, I weighed in this morning and was 196. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's enough to keep me on my journey.

January 2012-173lbs
    January 2013-203lbs

1st Goal -185

2nd Goa l-175

3rd Goal - 167 (I can see my cheekbones and jawline at this weight)

4th Goal - 160

Before I have another baby goal -150

Wish me luck! I'll need it. I need friends!!!!
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    OnMyWay2Me2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    By all means, let’s keep each other motivated. I’ll need it. This weekend was horrible, diet wise. I’ve GOT to get it together if I plan to ever see these goals!
    I'm with ya sister! I weigh 202lbs at the moment, or at least around that. A few weeks ago I got down from around 218 to 196 but then went on an all inclusive holiday and well, here I am :(

My target is 159lbs or somewhere around there, I'm 5ft 8/9 and am (sadly) quite big boned so I don't know how realistic I'm being! I'll sure help keep you motivated if you want :)
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    Options
    I'm sure I've done a number on my metabolism with all these gimmicks. Great advice. Thanks!

That's great :) Focus on your fitness and making good food choices and you'll have the skills to maintain a lifetime of healthy weight! Make sure you're eating enough to fuel those workouts and keep that metabolism burning.

You can do it.
  • KHoiriis
    KHoiriis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... the name of the post is so me!

2003-weighed 315 lbs joined OA. Worked AWESOME lost 175lbs.

2005- Not going to OA, weight coming back on but not severe

2007- back up 50lbs, got my butt back to OA, lost the 50 lbs

2010- bought a business, so much stress. not prepared for whats happening

2011- took on a 2nd job as business is sucking the life outta me (eating is out of control.)

2012- 1st business fails start a second business, weight is out of control

2013- weight is up to 260!

I know what a healthy body feels like, what it is capable of and i WANT mine back!

Feel free to add me. Thanks for listening.
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    Options
    Happy new beginnings! We can do this!
    Hi Everyone... the name of the post is so me!

2003-weighed 315 lbs joined OA. Worked AWESOME lost 175lbs.

2005- Not going to OA, weight coming back on but not severe

2007- back up 50lbs, got my butt back to OA, lost the 50 lbs

2010- bought a business, so much stress. not prepared for whats happening

2011- took on a 2nd job as business is sucking the life outta me (eating is out of control.)

2012- 1st business fails start a second business, weight is out of control

2013- weight is up to 260!

I know what a healthy body feels like, what it is capable of and i WANT mine back!

Feel free to add me. Thanks for listening.
  • OnMyWay2Me2
    Options
    Happy new beginnings! We can do this!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost quit a bit already but still have 65-70 lbs to go. Feel free to add me if you would like more friends!! :smile:
  • KHoiriis
    KHoiriis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you =)
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I'm the same way! 159lbs is a great and very realistic goal for you. I'm 5'6" and mine is 146lbs! We'll be smokin' hot! :P
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same place as you, joined mfp last year, lost some, got busy/distracted/lazy, thought I can still do this on my own. Well, I'm now 10 lbs heavier than last summer. I'm 5'6", CW: 212, 1st goal: 185, ultimate goal 150ish. I just started tracking the middle of last week, and the weekend was horrible for me too. I was on the road most of the weekend, but I did make better choices than I normally would have. You can add me too!