Hello My Name is....

Options
.... and I have been a food addict for....

lol thats how I feel! forget drugs and alcohol! give me Pizza!

My name is Lettie. I have 5 kids. I was always a thin person and lost the weight after each of the first 4 kids. but after #5 I don't know if its my age, or if I just am sick of the fight, but I have not been able to lose this weight for 10 years. ugh. sounds nasty out loud. so far I am LOVING this site. it is as tho it was made just for me. I have tried others but there is always some things that are great and some that make it too tedious. this one seems to get everything right.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and sucking up all the support I can from you all.
Lettie

Replies

• ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of inspiration here. I've used Sparkpeople, Weight Watchers and FitDay, and I always lost interest. For some reason, this site makes me want to stick with the program. Good luck on your voyage!
  • amylou7777
    amylou7777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yay Lettie! You are too funny! Lettie and I met on another online diet forum that shall remain nameless!

My name is Amy and I'm SO sick of being the fat girl. I've been overweight since the third grade!! I lost about 60lbs in college when I did a relaxed atkins diet for three years. I gained it all back after I graduated and started law school (hello stress!). I then lost 50lbs doing LA weight loss. When the center closed down, I started to give up, and here I am-once again with it almost all gained back.

BUT I am not looking back-only forward. I've had MANY a false start during the past 2 years. I'm trying to find a system that works for me. I only lose weight if I am completely focused-and I should be now! I'm using this site as a jumpstart!! It looks great!
  • amacd999
    amacd999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My name is Alannah and I also know Lettie and Amy from that same other online site LOL! I am in much the same boat as they are. I have been struggling with my weight as long as I can remember and other than when I was born I think I was always a fat kid too.

I don't have any kids - well none that have 2 legs anyway. I have the four-legged kind with a black lab that is 10 and an Arabian horse that is now 28 and fully retired.

I am not happy and I know that weight loss isn't the complete answer but it's a start and my main goal is to put ME first the the first time in a very long time. I tend to come last all the time and I have to me me, myself and I a priority. I really like this site so far. Still feeling it out some and seeing everything I can do. Starting full force tomorrow after I can get to the store today and stock up on some stuff and toss other stuff this afternoon.

Good luck to everyone and we CAN and WILL do this once and for all!
  • PinkofPerfect
    PinkofPerfect Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Lettie and Amy!!!!

I am Amy from New Jersey and I've been overweight since 4th grade. I don't know what triggered the weight gain, the general consensus is "Daddy-Issues", but just like Amylou I am not looking back.

I lost 40lbs on LA Weightloss in 2005, and have since gained that back plus another 35! Yuck!

I am leaving my full time job in August to return to school, and hopefully would like to start a family within 1-2 years, and need to lose weight before getting preggers.

I am THRILLED to be here and so happy to be doing it with my 3FC friends Alannah, Lettie and Amy!
  • Redtnt80
    Redtnt80 Posts: 3
    Options
    ahhhh Amy named the site!!! lol!! yes these are my 3... 3fc!! haha you are my three fat chicks! .... too funny.

I am so glad to have you three with me. I too have done sparkpeople, fitday, tap n track, WW, etc. and I have always felt like it was a ball and chain. this is more like FB. and more like the site that brought us all together in the first place.

Love you guys!!
  • amylou7777
    amylou7777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Day one!!!

Can you guys see my food diary? I can only see AmyNJ's right now. I'd love to be able so see y'alls!

I like knowing that my diary is an open book, makes it kind of like checking in at LAWL where they would check off in your food diary. I called AmyNJ out earlier-but am SO proud that she was honest and logged it all. That is what this is all about. We are ALL going to have off days. That's life!!

"Lobe" you all to pieces heee;)
  • terib2010
    terib2010 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Teri. I just found this site and just started yet again another journey to lose weight.
    I'm married with 4 kids and have been overweight since my last child who's nine now. I was almost ready to just give up, but then I decided NO! I can not give up on myself, I am worth it. I deserve to be happy and healthy.
    I look forward to getting to know you and to do my best to support us on this difficult road ahead :)
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    lol. I totally have an addictive personality. I'm either addicted to smoking, drinking (binge drinking type like in college) eating, dieting, working out!
    I just can't lose the weight at this point. I will work out for 2 hours and eat what I really should be eating and scale still doesn't budge. People say look at your measurements...I'm sure they're smaller...NOPE!
    Anyways, I've always been the big girl. I was like a foot taller than all my friends when I was young...they caught up but I was still bigger...not fat just bigger bones, bigger feet, and then the weight started coming on in high school I guess....lost it and gained it lost it and gained it....lost it got pregnant, lost it got pregnant, lost it then got MRSA and started gaining a little at a time...then trained for a marathon and gained more! WHT run 26 miles and gain 10 pounds....nice....
    anyways, I think I totally have an addiction to working out right now. I'm a teacher so I have a little extra time during the summer and no extra money this year so I am trying to stay close to home...THE GYM!
    So what do you call this...FA....food annoymoust?