Extra calories...

Options
I am wondering if most of you actually use the extra calories you earn from exercise. So far, I have been using mine. I'm sort of afraid that if I make a habit of NOT using them, I get into that "starvation" mode and my metabolism will slow down. Welcome to advice/opinions!!

Replies

• cthomas1967
    Options
    Set your goals, then if you have extra calories from exercise USE THEM by eating something healthy. In the long run it's much better to feed your body properly after exercise, and for me it made me very motivated to work out. I went from working out about once a week to about five times a week when I joined here because I realized I could eat more normally and still lose weight if I worked out.

It works. I've been at my goal weight for months now and holding nice and steady.

Good luck!
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever use mine and I am not starving. I eat a clean diet and I do workout! I have plenty of energy and am still steadly losing weight. Do what works for you though with so many body types and needs we should all do what works for our bodies. You look great keep up the hard work!
  • sec820
    sec820 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'm okay using them, since I'm only earning about 350 extra per day. If the day comes when I start earning 500-1000 extra calories, I'm sure I'll leave some of them behind :smile:
  • chronic1977
    Options
    i do not always use them but on certain days i get hungry later in the evening and if i do have some extra calories to use then i try to eat something healthy to curb the craving.. i helps me not to stress when i have those extra calories waiting if i need them..

1338991.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    I think of those exercise calories as a security blanket. I have worked out and if I need a little help then they are there. I am trying really hard to not use them; however, if I need to break the just in case box I have it available.
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    Set your goals, then if you have extra calories from exercise USE THEM by eating something healthy. In the long run it's much better to feed your body properly after exercise, and for me it made me very motivated to work out. I went from working out about once a week to about five times a week when I joined here because I realized I could eat more normally and still lose weight if I worked out.

It works. I've been at my goal weight for months now and holding nice and steady.

Good luck!

I'm definitely the same way! By eating my 350 or so exercise calories back, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I've been losing around 2 pounds a week rather steadily, even though I'm set to 1.5 a week, so something must be working!
    It definitely is a per-person deal, so if you want them, eat up girl :)
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I try to not eat mine. I know that if I am making good choices with my food that it is a bonus and I will lose the weight I want to. BUT....I don't beat myself up if I do get a snack at night. I try and see where I am at with calories and what kind of calories I have left then try and pick something that will satisfy the craving and keep me in the range for protein/carbs/fat. If you are hungry then eat, if you are bored get a drink of water. Listening to your body is the key here.