8 months & 40 pounds later: Before & After!

Options

Replies

• whoolerymicki
    Options
    You look great so excited for you! Hope to be where you are one day soon! Again congratulations and thank you for sharing.
  • smadacarlyle
    smadacarlyle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    great job, and i agree with everyone else - love the hair (in both photos!!)
    Can you tell us how you achieved your goal and if you dont my sharing your stats?
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! You look great, before and after ;)
  • iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well done you look amazing! and beautiful hair!
  • cbenj09
    cbenj09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ooohhhh!!! You're a HOTTIE!!! Loves the red hair... so cute!
  • KAbena
    KAbena Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    lovely! well done
  • annapomegranate
    Options
    Um, you look anorexic. I'm gonna start telling people this now.

LUH YOU BBGURL.

<3

Ahahaha don't even get me started on her saying that again! I swear, some people just always have to be negative. It kills me. Love youuuuu. Thank you for always making me laugh<3
  • MaliceWells
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Awesome style by the way :)
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in both of them. Good job for losing that weight! I have lost pretty much at that same rate. PS I freakin love your hair!
  • annapomegranate
    Options
    great job, and i agree with everyone else - love the hair (in both photos!!)
    Can you tell us how you achieved your goal and if you dont my sharing your stats?

Thank you! And it was sort of trial and error at first but I can certainly try!

As far as stats:
    Height 5 feet 9 and a half inches
    Starting weight: 198
    Current weight: 158
    Goal weight: 150

Starting dress size: 12-14
    Current dress size: 6-8

Initially it was all diet starting in September last year---I ate around 1200 calories a day and cut out all beverages except water, and I bought a 2 liter water bottle from Walmart that I drink twice a day now. I had dropped about 20 pounds doing that.

Then once I hit a plateau around January of this year and FINALLY decided to get serious about what I was eating, that's when the rest came off. I realized that simply counting calories wouldn't get me much farther if I didn't restrict my sugar intake, so I now make sure that 30% of my daily intake consists of protein, and I load up on veggies! I also make sure to snack throughout the day on things like greek yogurt, almonds, string cheese, etc at least every 2 hours because it curbs my cravings and stops my blood sugar from dropping. In addition, I pretty much pre-pack my lunches and dinners on Sunday of every week so I don't have to think about it later, but still allow myself one "cheat meal" a week. Some people don't really do the cheat meal, but if I didn't I would surely have quit by now.

As far as exercise, I started with an hour on the cardio machines at the gym 6 days a week, but once that got old I went out of my comfort zone thanks to one of my best friends and joined a month long boot camp. That's what really kick started my desire to keep up with it everyday because I was being taught exercises I would NEVER have done on my own. Once the boot camp ended, another good friend of mine put Insanity on my computer and I haven't looked back. I'm almost a month in now and have dropped one dress size. In addition, I'd decided to start lifting weights and amped my calorie intake up to about 1600-1800 a day. My biggest recommendation is trying to get some sort of exercise in daily because once you get used to it, you'll feel hooked AND don't get stuck in a rut of eating the same things all the time and doing the same workouts every day. If I had stayed only on those cardio machines every day I would definitely not be where I am now! Hope this helps!
  • annapomegranate
    Options
    I have the same amount of weight to lose and was just getting discouraged. Thanks for posting. :)

No problem! I've definitely been there. Don't give up! Even if you have an off day just jump right back into it the next day. Slow progress is still progress!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look beautiful.
  • annapomegranate
    Options
    Thank you all SOOOO MUCHHH! <333
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. very inspirational and you look great
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look great!
    Congrats!! YAY!
  • HealthyHoney30
    HealthyHoney30 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're gorgeous and I love that dress.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    its mind blowing great job~
  • AmandaTNagel
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!