low sodium tortilla/wrap

Options
missheidi
missheidi Posts: 465 Member
ok, i've looked EVERYWHERE on the web for a recipe for a low sodium tortilla or wrap. the average one has 460 mg of sodium, and i'm really restricted on sodium.
does anyone have any products or recipes?

thanks, heidi

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I buy La Banderita Low Carb Low Fat Soft Tortillas - only 275mg sodium. You can find the rest of the nutritional info in the database. I found them at Wal-Mart.
  • rpolzin25
    rpolzin25 Posts: 19
    Options
    La Banderita Xtreme fiber tortillas have 233 mg sodium and only 70 or so calories
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    my recipe only has 1/4 tsp of salt for 6 tortillas-are you looking to make your own? supereasy-
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    La Tortilla factory Ivory Teff tortillas are on 320. They are also HUGE, so half of one is sufficient bringing the sodium to 160.

They are not made with flour or corn, they are made with Teff and they are gluten free. The texture is slightly different, but they are great. My daughter and I are gluten free and we served them to a boy that I was babysitting. He never noticed any difference and even asked for seconds. Sometimes I put them under the broiler to get them crispy and they are so yummy!

I found them at Meijer in the "Healthy Living" section where they stock the gluten free and vegetarian stuff.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use joshephs whold wheat tortilla with flax. I think its between 250-300
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Latortilla Factory has a low fat, low sodium one that is only about 120 mg sodium I think.

Bebe
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    my recipe only has 1/4 tsp of salt for 6 tortillas-are you looking to make your own? supereasy-

i would love the recipe!
  • B763N
    B763N Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I've got you all beat. I don't use whole wheat or any other type of tortilla wrap very often because of the salt content. But recently Costco carried a product called "Truly Grain Tortilla Wraps" from the company Las Fortunitas. I bought a package of 40 wraps for less than $5.00. They taste great and, for this full size wrap, you consume only 75 mg. sodium!!!!!! :smile: I've never seen any wrap on the market that doesn't have at least 4 times that much sodium.

Problem is, when I went to Costco a couple of weeks later to buy more, they had stopped carrying the product. Don't know why. :sad:

If anybody knows where this product is sold, I'd be very interested.

Thanks.