excercise for women in their 40's?

Options
and who have 2 left feet?

I'm looking for a some cardio fitness that I can do/watch at home?

I have a treadmill but I get extremely bored with it, and I don't like running.

I welcome any suggestions. :smile:

Today is my first day joining MFP

Thanks!

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Good old walking works for me, if you can get out of the house it's even better
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the age has to do with it.
    LOL.
    I do the 30 day shred.
    It's a good work out and I have two left feet.
    You can get at Walmart, it's a Jillian Michaels video.
    Need 2-3 lbs weights.
    I also started her yoga melt down. I fell over twice today, but that's ok. You get better the more you do it.
    LOL.
    Have fun with it!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I walk outside (usually with a dog or more) about 4 mph for 30 min to an hour. Gets your heart rate up and burns calories if you walk that fast. This has worked great for me. I also use my Wii and maybe a DVD once in a while.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    I walk, everyday. I am in my mid 40s, have 2 left feet and am sadly out of shape, which is why I"m here!

Good luck, enjoy the journey. Feel free to add me as a friend

Emme
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and extremely uncoordinated, and my favorite workouts are Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 and Slim Series. Great cardio and light resistance training, and no fancy dance moves.
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    I will be 40 this year. I did the 30 day shred and weights until I hurt my shoulder but I am looking forward to starting it up again soon. I also am on the treadmill everyday.

911446.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amjenti
    amjenti Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone...

Walking outside is not the best solution b/c I live in a very very hot and humid state, southern coastal Louisiana....I should have mentioned that earlier... oops.

I'm a walker but I get very bored on the treadmill, even listening to music, just uninspired right now with it. I though I'd change it up a bit.

I'll look into the 30 day shred and Slim Series. Maybe after some of these, I can mix in the treadmill..
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Slim n 6 series from beachbody.com. I adore the free bonus, Slim n Limber....been doing that everyday....feels great! Also, the Slim n Abs.....another free bonus! Get it!:happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are getting back to playing racquetball. Great workout and a lot of run. :smile:

Welcome & good luck with whatever your choose. :flowerforyou:
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    Personally, a treadmill is not my kind of thing either. I try hard to make exercise different and fun. I think you are much better off doing things you LIKE to do.

Here's the way I feel:

Working out is not always fun so attitude is everything. It's like going to your job everyday. Somedays you love or hate your job but most days you make the best of what you have. Just like your job, it provides you with a way to get what you really want. If you want to get fit, you WILL find something that works for where you want to be physically.

.:wink:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    When the weather keeps me from walking outside I use Leslie Sansone's walking videos. She has a lot of them and I find them to be a good workout.
  • sweetsong
    sweetsong Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's Walking videos too.. she's very motivating and it's the best when you have to stay in and get some exercise in.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my exercise bike! It has a built in HRM and I can burn 500 calories in 30 minutes:smile: Beats running six miles for 6!
    Good luck!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I also find my treadmill BORING
    I live in the high desert in So Cal....so it's HOT, but not humid like you get.
    I walk in the evening once the sun starts to go down.
    I also like to go to the community pool and swim laps.
    My doctor said strength training is a must with the cardio now that I'm past the hill!!
    Do whatever you find fun and will keep you motivated. It's easy to sit on the couch
    and say I don't feel like it!
    Good luck with your journey!