My lifetime of Progress (A lot of pics!!!)

Options
Well this has been an adventure to say the least. I have been on both sides of the fitness realm and all categories in-between;chubby, fat, fatter, skinny-fat, skinny, then to fit. And I can tell you that my travels have lead me to the conclusion that fitness and health is something that should be shared to help benefit others in hopes that they do the same. And here is my part in sharing. As you can see this through my lifetime, that this is a long and beautiful process.
We live in a time where we want the instantaneous gratification and it is disconcerting to see how we are passing along that mindset to our youth (as I see that in many students that I teach today). It takes time and effort to achieve what you want. Anything of worth in life takes dedication. The main thing that I have learned and would like to share is that knowledge is power. Make sure you educate yourself first before you jump into anything you do. Without further adieu here are the pics:

My younger years:
Youngeryears199219941995.jpg
2000.jpg
2001-My Bro and I (15-17)
20012.jpg
2002.jpg
2003.jpg
2004-my playing days 320 pounds
2004.jpeg
20042-1.jpg
2004stance.jpg
20042.jpeg
2005- at this point I got hurt from football and had to medically retire. So I thought not eating and starving myself was the best and fastest way to lose weight. Pic from left to right, Jan, April, Dec. Ended up at 220 in the last pic.
2005JanAprilDec.jpg
2006.jpg
2007.jpg
2008-Started to gain a little more knowledge about fitness and how to live a healthy lifestyle.
2008colege.jpg
2009- Kinda took a year off and fell back on some unhealthy habits, lost about 30 pounds from previous year.
2009.jpg
2010- About the time that I was really cognizant about fitness and healthy eating.
2010.jpg
2011.jpg
2012- My bro and I again (26-28)
2012.jpg
2013- So far, much more to come!
98db011f-48af-461f-b51f-ab9754517ca5.jpg
iimg]53a3a062-9842-4c72-b4e6-e1e36676e9ce.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg

Thank you for taking time to see how a lifetime worth of learning and determination looks like. As for me, each year is a new beginning, but from a different perspective; getting better with time.

Replies

• FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!!! I've said it before and will (probably) say it again. You have accomplished incredible things! Keep pushing.. because you're pushing me to be better everyday (how selfish of me, eh? :-)
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy just getting to where you were in 2000. :P Awesome job! This is the type of stuff that helps me continue on day-to-day.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love you story ...and I love what you have to say...you said "It takes time and effort to achieve what you want" and I believe that!!! well nice job you are doing GREAT!!
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Incredible journey!!! Your pictures say it all! You're an inspiration to many! Great work my friend :smile:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations on all your hard work.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Holy toledo! Incredible.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    you both have come such a long way! you're awesome. congrats on your progress! it's very inspirational :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Dem ABS!
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow!!! Amazing transformation. Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    you both have come such a long way! you're awesome. congrats on your progress! it's very inspirational :)

Thanks Kaitlyn, I'll pass that along to him as well
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amazing! love the pics! Especially the ones when you were in school--reminds me of me when I was a kid too. I was definetely a bit on the heavier side...
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump to check it later
  • cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wowu look great nice Job
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Whaaaat? Crazy! Nicely done!
  • TYBOL
    TYBOL Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW! Great job, man! Wish I will have the courage to keep pushing myself
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Nice story! You look like a warrior now haha. Amazing job!
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!
  • Darmonatrix
    Options
    great job. the other thing i notice is that you always seem about 10 yrs more youthful in your healthier pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!