Body scan of overweight versus normal weight...

Options
It's important to remember that your weight loss is so much more than just trying to look good! Burn that fat, be healthy, and feel good!
3665_630622520285946_626724746_n_zps72163ff9.jpg

Replies

• Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Are these images of actually people? Amazing! Look at the images of the ankles,and to a lesser degree the knees, of the first person. It explains why so many overweight people have joint pain and difficulty walking. All the motivation I need.
  • Darmonatrix
    Options
    wow, the back up of food really is incredible in the larger person.
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Are these images of actually people? Amazing! Look at the images of the ankles,and to a lesser degree the knees, of the first person. It explains why so many overweight people have joint pain and difficulty walking. All the motivation I need.

Yes, this is a real body scan. So often, we just concern ourselves with how we look or how we fit in our clothes. It's striking to consider what obesity does to our organs, our skeletons, etc.

Here's a link with more on the dangers of excess abdominal fat:
    http://dailyhealthpost.com/5-dangers-of-excess-abdominal-fat/#axzz2QtBAepOT
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    All the yellow is fat... Gross!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    And this is probably why my back has been feeling much better since I hit the 120s!

You can tell how much the extra weight is messing with posture and how hard that is on joints.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Bump for motivation!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eat any more food.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    This just depresses me more.....all i do is push and I'm still overweight....sick of it
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is not surprising at how much better I am feeling getting all that weight off of my body.
    How much easier it is just to move around now. My knees feel so much better and where it hurt to just walk a year ago I can now exercise everyday.
    Thank you for posting this. It can be inspirational for so many.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bumping so i can see the picture when i get home. Blocked at work.:frown:
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump for reference
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are big bones.