Hello from Richmond, VA!

Options
teneuse
teneuse Posts: 4 Member
Hi - Just found this in the app store yesterday, and was stunned that it had everything I was looking for - for free! Anyway, I've always been 'plump' but after a year dealing with an Achilles tendon injury and another surgery, my weight has been crawling ever upward. Now that I'm healthy, I'm ready to get in shape! Hoping to lose 30 pounds so that I'm at a 'normal' 175 lbs. for my big 5' 10" frame - using EA Sports Active for the Wii (it's too hot/humid here in the summer to workout outdoors) and thinking more about what I eat.

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! :smile: MFP is a great tool for tracking your food and exercise!

I'm from RVA also-nice to meet ya! And AMEN to this heat! It's hot and sticky today! :wink:
  • dmccuiston
    Options
    Also from Richmond - going on a calorie restricted diet to go along with strength training. So far, very pleased with this app. It has a great database!

Best of luck and be careful with your ankle!.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm also from RVA. Welcome to MFP!! I've been using this app for about 6 weeks and have had great success.

Good luck and try and stay cool. I find that because of this crazy heat I find working out in the early AM or late PM or swimming works best for me.
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You'll love it here! I've been getting on every day...just seeing other people's struggles and success helps keep me motivated for another day!
  • teneuse
    teneuse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! And hi to all the other peeps in RVA!
  • hybris
    hybris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello from Sydney, Australia!
    I'd love to have some of your heat! We've winter in the moment and I'm missing the sun.
    Welcome to MFP!
    I also found the app first and then cam to this homepage. Really enjoying it!
    Cheers!
  • bobanda
    bobanda Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm from RVA too - just joined this site! Glad to see other Richmonders here! :)
  • trainerjules
    Options
    Hi Richmonders!

I am a Personal Trainer and Nutritionist who owns FIT Richmond- a local Personal Training and Group Training company. I love this website and use it with many of my clients! If any of you would like to come to one of my group classes for a FREE trial session just let me know! Good luck in reaching your health and fitness goals. julia@fitrichmond.com (www.fitrichmond.com)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Hello from Roanoke! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    hello from midlothian :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Hi from Virginia Beach, VA! Welcome to the site.
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    VA represent! LOL! I'm out of Richmond,VA- far west end. Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hello from Winchester Va, welcome you will lvoe this site
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! You will love the MFP family!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Prince George Va here :)
  • Cheeve
    Cheeve Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm from Culpeper, VA
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm from Richmond!!!! Grew up in the Fan; now live in East Henrico. Friend me if you like...
  • swiss31
    swiss31 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Richmond VA, student at VCU
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Fellow Richmonder right here!