Looking for 30 Day Shred partner(s)

Options
Synryo
Synryo Posts: 54 Member
Hello,

I gave the 30 day shred a try before, got a few days into level 2 before I allowed myself to fall out of routine with it, eventually abandoning it completely. However, I'm giving it another go! I really want to finish this time. I'm currently on level 1, day 3 and I was hoping to find a few people who would like to start it with me, or are already a few days in like myself.

If you're interested, shoot me a message/friend request and we can keep each other accountable =)

Replies

• Synryo
    Options
    By the way, for anyone who doesn't know, or doesn't have the DVD (like myself) all three levels are free on youtube, courtesy of the BeFit channel =D
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My DVD should be arriving tomorrow and I'll be starting on Sunday. I decided to buy the DVD as extra incentive to actually stick to it ><
  • Synryo
    Options
    Good call, haha. I'm not sure if I can feasibly do this every day, but I'm going to aim for 4-5 times a week. What about you?
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this this weekend so happy to partner up with you! I also started it before but allowed myself to tail off during level 2

I'll send a friend request now

Good luck
  • Synryo
    Options
    Awesome, the more the merrier! I really believe that accountability is key to this kind of thing... I'm too good at rationalizing my way out of things in my head o.O
  • durshley
    Options
    I'm horribly unfit so this is going to be horrible for me at the beginning >< I have plenty of time to do it every day, whether I physically can or not is another matter!
  • Synryo
    Options
    Thankfully it's only 25 minutes. Although admittedly it feels a heck of a lot longer. Most important thing is getting through it, even if you have to go easy on yourself sometimes to do so.

I'm pretty unfit too... I do alright cardio-wise I think, but I've suffered some back and neck issues over the years and as such struggle immensely with upper body strength. So I use my itty bitty 3 pound weights lol.
  • durshley
    Options
    I'm probably the opposite, rubbish with cardio. I get out of breath really easily. Thought I had asthma at one point but I think I'm probably just really unfit...this is going to be interesting!
  • Synryo
    Options
    I used to be bad with both, haha. But I've been slowly working on my cardio endurance over the last year. Also I used to be a soccer player, so the capability was still in me somewhere x] Though as I'm sure you know, soccer doesn't exactly build upper body, so I've always been lacking there.
  • Synryo
    Options
    Excuse me, football* ;)
  • puuka
    puuka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    this week on monday just started 30 Day shred. You should come there and keep motivated! See You there! :happy:
    Here is the link for this group:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958496-30-day-shred-starting-april-15-2013
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you have a look at the post 30 day shred - starting april 15th you will find lots of us like you who have started this recently, I have just done day 3 level 1 so at about the same level as you, freind me and we can encourage each other.
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15 today. Check out my blog if you want to see my level 1 results for some inspiration to get through it http://chocoholic-anon.blogspot.com/
  • bugger123
    Options
    I'm starting this today, in about 20 minutes! I hope I can get through it. I heard it is pretty tough.
  • Synryo
    Options
    It was pretty hard for me the first time around. I found it a bit easier the second attempt. Of course it still makes me sore everywhere imaginable lol
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just started it last night. I'm incorporating it in my regular routine, so probably 3 or 4 days a week. I'm already feeling. Abs are hurting when I laugh. A good burn indeed!
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to start this up again but in the past I tried and couldnt do it every day because I was SORE! I am going to try my best!! Maybe after three or four days the first week I will be able to do it everyday or maybe I should still do it and modify things tomorrow if I am too sore???
  • rebekahesther
    Options
    this sounds annoying- but just push through the soreness. I couldn't BELIEVE how much my legs hurt after the first day. Especially when sitting down or getting up or going to the bathroom. On day five the pain in my legs pretty much was gone. I am on day 9 level 1 today. It still sucks but it makes you sweat so much I feel like I really did something.
  • rebekahesther
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 9 and I must say I am TERRIFIED of level 2 which I am on track to start Sunday. I thought by now it would be getting easier but I am still dying EVERY TIME I do it. And I have to do the push ups on my knees and I can barely get through them. But I really want to get through the 30 days.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm sooooo in . Starting today!!!!!!! So glad I found this forum