Hormonal Hunger

Options
Its getting to be that time of the month. I have been somewhat good so far, but I am having a hard time taming down the cravings. Does anyone have any suggestions on good foods to eat during that time of the month? Heeeellllllppppp!

Replies

• smscott84
    smscott84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Baby carrots and snap peas! They're "crunchy" and snack-worthy. Or pick up some salsa and use bell peppers or celery to dip. You could also make some air-popped popcorn, or dip fruits like apples or strawberries in plain non-fat yogurt, or Source vanilla yogurt. Or a non-Splenda fat-free French Vanilla yogurt if you're not into the artificial sweeteners.
  • eecrowley10
    Options
    there are certain fruits and vegetables that are so good and you forget about it because you categorize it as "healthy food" if you want something just to snack on, i would say eat the fruits and veggies you like even if they have lots of carbs because they have the good kind. if you are really craving snack food, i really love nature valley 'trail mix' and 'sweet and salty nut' granola bars. best of luck!
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    if its a sweet thing quaker true delights multigrain crisps blackerry pomegranate- so good lotsa flavor( they taste like crunch berries) ive gotten so many people started on these! 13 for 110 cals. ( muchin on some now :laugh: ) quaker has chocolate rice cakes which are pretty good. and jellos mousse temptations are 60 cal. for me i either get the choc/sweet craving or the eat everything in sight ones. thats when its good that i keep primarily healthy foods in the house. i dont feel as bad for bein a human garbage disposal :embarassed:
  • nomofat
    nomofat Posts: 17
    Options
    I craved chocolate. So I bought good powdered chocolate, like Ghiardelli, and made hot chocolate with a sweet n' low. Summer, cold chocolate milk. It really hits the spot and can be made with soy milk.

Also craved salt - so I went for edamame with rock salt.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    oh yea swiss miss makes a 25 cal hot choc
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruit is what I love! I stick to citrus fruits and kiwis, cherries, and nectarines. Fruit satisfies any cravings for sweets and is loaded with fiber (to keep things "moving") and water content (to keep from bloating).

Since I tend to want chocolate during the TOM, I bought a small tin of cacao nibs from Trader Joe's that I carry in my purse. Each tiny piece is only 1 calorie and will satisfy any chocolate craving with about 3 or 4 of them. They are little bits of cocoa bean covered in dark chocolate. Definitely the best thing ever :)
  • carmelrn
    carmelrn Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Its like this stuff sits back in my head, but its hard to resist. Yall are keeping me motivated for sure. Thank you.