LOOKING FOR BUDDIES - WOMEN OVER 50

Options
Hello. Looking for some buddies for encouragement that are 50 and over. I'm 53 and having trouble getting my motivation going.

Replies

• katper15
    katper15 Posts: 21
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I started (again) yesterday.
  • JLBLAN
    JLBLAN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and new to MFP, I sometimes (most of time) have the same issue with motivation as it seems to be falling off so slowly. Add me if you want.:smile:
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    good idea! I could use a buddy too! this middle aged spread is stubborn! (or maybe its just that I rather like my food :wink: )
  • sandytagain
    Options
    I'm 58 and I need to shed 100 pounds. I'm having trouble sticking to anything I try. I have just purchased the nutra-bullet in hopes that will inspire me to drink more veggies and fruits.
  • valey1234
    valey1234 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey I have been with the program since feb 2013 I am 60 years old lost 13lbs so far . Somtimes in the begining the weight comes off slow just make sure your tracking your calories and get some exercise whatever works for you walking bycikle rideing or the gym just burn some calories . good luck. valey1234
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started MFP January of this year. I will be 56 y.o. in a few months. I have lost over 57 lbs. since early Sept. of 2012. I am currently at the weight I want to be - haven't seen this number since my marriage at age 24. My current goal is maintenance and to keep doing what I have been doing . I would love to be an encourager to you. This also helps me stay accountable to my eating and fitness goals. Please feel free to add me.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am currently 53 and been on here about a year. I too am pretty close to my goal....would like to maybe lose another 5 pounds or so. I am currently at 137 pounds - that's 30 less than my highest weight a couple of years ago. My goal, besides losing a little more, is to continue with my running...which I haven't done in a while due to an injury and allergies. Also, start logging my food again more consistently. I would love to encourage you in your journey and have your encouragement and motivation also.
  • rhondacollins102
    Options
    Hello,
    Im over 50!!lol,and Id love to motivate you.I live in Texas .Ive been taking ACE since Sept,and Ive lost 72lbs..I had hit a plateau,so my friend suggested that I try MFP.,I wasn't eating enough calories,so my body was holding on to the weight.I feel great,and Id love to meet new friends,and to motivate others
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hey, there. I'm 62 and am on a quest to lose about 1/2 my pounds. After about 5 weeks here, 10 pounds down -- which is a nice pace. Feel free to friend me.:laugh:
  • LumpyLynn222
    Options
    Hi, I joined today, I am 58 and looking to lose a stone pdq! x
  • pennie63
    pennie63 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello ! Yes, add me. I just really started back this week. I am 50 and sadly want to lose 50 but will setlle for 30 to start. My name is Pennie !
  • KellyJoDay
    Options
    I'm 48 you can add me if you want
  • ShrimpMe
    ShrimpMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request now. I'm 53 and started the journey to lose (again) this week. Looking for friends to motivate and keep me accountable as well.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Same age, feel free to add me, I can be good support!
  • dawnkeen
    dawnkeen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Dawn and I am also 53 and new to this. :wink:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 59, have been on MFP for about 2 weeks and need to lose 40 pounds. I log on every day, am very motivated, and welcome new friends!
  • LoriA910
    LoriA910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too would like to have some friends in my age group and situation. I am 49 and will turn 50 in September. I need to lose about 50 pounds and I need support and motivation. I am glad to have found this post.

Lori
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!!
  • zigwald
    zigwald Posts: 2
    Options
    hi :) you can add me too. Ive been on and off with this and I just cant seem to stick at it. I have lost weight last year but want to shift some stubborn kilos. challenged with the pounds thing lol. :laugh:
  • browneyes36340
    browneyes36340 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello , I am 51 and my first time on mfp, I have lost 19 pounds over the last 4 months so its a slow go but i feel great , I want to lose about 80 more pounds .. feel free to add me ...