This is Sparta!

Options
Anyone out there training for a Spartan Race or any kind of Obstacle race. I think this will be my goal, for the fall or spring of next year. I also want to drop to a healthy BMI and gain some long lost muscle back. Feel free to add me if you need some support or a friend and have similar goals.

Replies

• CavemanPapa
    Options
    Bump
  • polido54
    polido54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the Spartan Races! I do the Beast in VT every year and just completed the Spartan Super in Las Vegas. They are so fun and challenging. This year is the Trifecta year.
  • DIG_
    DIG_ Posts: 20
    Options
    Running the Spartan race next month (May 19th). looking forward to it!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Yep, tough mudder SW UK, September 21st. Our group runs have been amazing so far (10km last week, 14.5 km this week)...also will be doing a gym tough mudder circuit Monday evening with a team mate. Here's hoping I do not puke LOL!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    you needed this for yopur post, buddy...youre welcome

this-is-sparta-o.gif
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Seriously considering one next Spring. Scary, considering I will be 50 soon! I keep telling myself I'm in better shape now than I've ever been. Must convince myself that I can do this. I think it would help if I had someone doing it with me...
  • CavemanPapa
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback and adds.
  • CavemanPapa
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback and adds.

this-is-sparta-o.gif
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    Different races are different difficulties, even for the same distance. The Spartan Sprint is harder than some of the other ~5k distance races out there. Look around and find one that matches your fitness level, especially for your first race.