Filling foods

Options
I need help with my snacking generally I do not snack in between meals and what usually happens is after dinner before bedtime I bash its not every night but its enough to keep me from losing weight. So does anybody have any recommendations for simple tasty filling snacks that are not loaded with calories and fat. Any help in this area would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• janetta001
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!!! I swear by this!! Especially Chobani...any flavor will work. (Pomegranted and Blood Orange are my favorites). Skinny Cow Ice Cream is another favorite also.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    Foods full of fiber are well known for being filling, as well as those high in protein. Just check the nutritional values on foods to make sure you're getting what you want, without heaps of unwanted fat/salt/sugar/etc.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    !/2 english muffin with 2 teaspoons Peanut Butter & 1/2 banana = 167 calories ( My muffins are 100 cal ones
    inst oatmeal (diet) 120 cal with 1/2 banana = 173 cal
    What I do is I make a list of snacks ( as many as I can think of) that meet my criteria , and hang it on my fridge. Then when I need a snack those are my choices. That way i don't have to think about it.
    Good luck : )
  • sjbuescher
    sjbuescher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can try keeping some overnight oats in your fridge ready to go for a quick snack - you can use quick, regular, steel cut etc. oats, ad din any thing you want (fruit, granola, peanut butter, chia seeds, chocolate, etc) with milk (or water - I prefer milk) and let sit in the fridge overnight. You can eat them cold or heated up for a little to warm them up. Very filling and depending on what you put in it, can stay low cal.
  • janetta001
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!!! I swear by this!! Especially Chobani...any flavor will work. (Pomegranted and Blood Orange are my favorites). Skinny Cow Ice Cream is another favorite also.

I completely forgot to mention popcorn........
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    a real magic bullet are egg whites. yeah i know. not all that exciting.... but hard boil eggs..and just eat the egg white..it fills you up..and keeps hunger at bay..and it is just 15 or so calories. I put a dash of Frank's Hot sauce on mine..and down the hatch.
  • withers102011
    Options
    The egg white idea works! I do that as well when I get a snack attack. Greek yogurt os another healthy alternative or a small bowl of oatmeal (100-150 calories) works as well.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I've found greek yoghurt to be quite helpful in filling me up when I don't want to be snacking. The other thing I found helpful is to accept that I prefer to eat more later in the day than earlier, and to allocate a portion of my daily calories for an after-dinner snack.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Fat free ricotta with cinnamon and sweetner added then topped with fruit (berries, peaches, cherries). For something more special you can warm the ricotta and top with warmed fruit. Fat free Rheddi Whip goes well on top!!! Ricotta is VERY filling. 1/2 cup with fruit does the trick unlike cottage cheese which I can eat half the container and feel like I've had nothing to eat.

Also, popcorn.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Any portion controlled snack should do it... if you're with the IIFYM crowd.

If you're with the clean eating crowd, then I have no advice for you :P
  • A clementine usually fills the gurgly void in my stomach before I go to bed.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I usually opt for a 100 calorie bag of popcorn, or grapes if i have them.
  • bll_jsh
    bll_jsh Posts: 6
    Options
    Sweet thanks for all the ideas.