Eating Advice needed

Options
So I have been able to stay under 1200 calories with exercise and smaller portions. Its been two weeks and I have lost 2lbs. I would like to lose more per week with out lowering calorie intake. What foods are best to eat. Any meal ideas that are tasty and easy to prepare and stick with? I really want to lose 20 lbs before summer starts.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Do not eat 1200 calories. Eat more. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's not a race, if what you're doing is working then stick with it.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 2 weeks is a very good loss. It's working.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Read more about BRM, TDEE and TDEE - % (since you don't have a LOT to lose). You should be NETTING 1200 after exercise. (If that's the # you really want to stick with).
  • tazzy2805
    tazzy2805 Posts: 25
    Options
    eat minimum 1200 not under make sure u set ur activity lvls right with mfp they say under 1200 starvation mode starts to kick in
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 2 weeks is a very good loss. It's working.

for now...
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Also be sure to eat back most of your exercise calories. It's best fill up on veggies and protein. there are tons of threads with great recipes that are low calorie, you just have to take the time to research them!! :wink:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more than 1200 calories ESPECIALLY if you're working out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I have been able to stay under 1200 calories with exercise and smaller portions. Its been two weeks and I have lost 2lbs. I would like to lose more per week with out lowering calorie intake. What foods are best to eat. Any meal ideas that are tasty and easy to prepare and stick with? I really want to lose 20 lbs before summer starts.

thats a bad idea... set your calorie goal to lose 1lb per week and NET that amount....
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, more than 1 pound a week just isn't realistic. It might happen a week here and there, but the less you have the lose, the less you'll lose a week. Also, while eating around 1200 is working now, can you see yourself sticking to that, long term? I'd say up your calories a bit. As for what to eat, there are no magic foods, but it would probably serve you best to stay away from processed foods and focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies.
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You should add more exercise and try to eat 1500 calories a day. Listen to your bodies hunger/fullness.
  • joknight2
    Options
    Breakfast: Quaker Oats Grits (2 packs), topped with a TB of applesauce
    Lunch: Pouch of Salmon, cucumbers, tomatoes, fat free italian dressing, egg, carrots (all in a Tupperware!)
    Dinner: Sweet potato topped with refried beans, lots of vegetables, spicy tomatoes, cottage cheese - one of my favorite meals...
    Great snacks: Hard-boiled egg, Weight Watchers string cheese (50 cals), Greek Yogurt, cucumbers, Atkins boxes of granola bars - some are snacks, some are meals....loaded with protein....if i need to scale back on calories, sometimes I have the grits for dinner!
  • angj579
    angj579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I will just continue to exercise and watch how many calories I am taking in. I like that alot of people said I should up my calories. Once I lost another 2-5 pounds I will up them from 1200 to 1400. When I am hungry I eat a healthy snack even if I have reached my 1200 calories for the day.