Best workout plan to lose weight in 4 months

Options
Hi all, I need to lose about 5-10 lbs in the next 4 months for my wedding. Any tips on the best workouts, diets, etc... right now I starting taking some multi-vitamins, I am going to the gym with friends about 2-3 times a week (30 min cardio, 30 min strength training and 5-10 min stretching) and I try to get on my treadmill on morning that I can get up (lol)... I am also trying to log into this site everyday to monitor my total calorie intake... Is that good enough? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• bkcs89
    bkcs89 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'd say you got it well under control ;) I wish I could do all that lol
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    That's good enough and seems like a very realistic goal, but if you monitor calorie intake and workout 2-3/week you're going to lose more than 5-10 lbs in 4 months.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    That's good enough and seems like a very realistic goal, but if you monitor calorie intake and workout 2-3/week you're going to lose more than 5-10 lbs in 4 months.

Not ne essayist. I've been trying since September!! Very hard to get deficit corre t when you've not much to lose b
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I need to lose about 5-10 lbs in the next 4 months for my wedding. Any tips on the best workouts, diets, etc... right now I starting taking some multi-vitamins, I am going to the gym with friends about 2-3 times a week (30 min cardio, 30 min strength training and 5-10 min stretching) and I try to get on my treadmill on morning that I can get up (lol)... I am also trying to log into this site everyday to monitor my total calorie intake... Is that good enough? Any other suggestions?

How many calories are you planning to eat per day/week?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Assuming you have a reasonable deficit..yes.

I would throw in some strength training.

Also, make sure your weigh your food and be as accurate as you can about recording your intake
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

2 rounds of insanity!!! you might not lose weight, but you will lose inches!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ^ Hahaha, yes! Insanity is pretty awesome.
    You're doing a great job on starting out - 30mins of cardio & 30 mins of strength is a great combo for most people. If you're willing to watch what you eat & actually HAVE that 10lbs to lose (the less you have to lose the more difficult losing is) you should be good to go! Also just be sure that when you do cardio you actually break a sweat & when you do strength you actually feel your muscles working hehe
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I advice you to read this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

If you exercice and you don't eat enough you will not lose weight, or you lose weight and you gain it back soon.

Good luck!
  • arcticdimples
    Options
    1440/day
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    5-10 pounds over the length of 4 months is pretty easy to do, given you're only aiming for 1-2 pounds a month. Looks like you have it covered.
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    1440/day

It looks like you are on the right truck... keep on doing the great job for the next 4 months.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Very realistic expectations.

You might see a slower weight loss, but I'd probably up your calories 100-200 on workout days.

I also recommend more strength training than cardio...you want nice arms and back in your wedding dress!

Good luck!