Becoming part of the community

Options
Hello everyone! :) I'm Colleen. I've been a member of MyFitnessPal for quite some time but haven't really used the site much. I am a member of another food diary website (one that I pay for) that I have been a diligent user of. I decided to come back to MyFitnessPal to gain more motivation from members of the message boards and maybe help some people out. I've had some decent success with weight loss since March (a total loss of 18 pounds) due to regular exercise, eating natural and organic foods, and cutting out chemicals, artificial sweeteners, white sugar, and high fructose corn syrup as much as possible. I still have splurges once in a while but have been able to pick myself back up from the weakness and keep going.

I'm also here since I can get great info from the message boards and both food diaries each are missing certain types of nutrition information. The setup on the food diary itself is different and has different goals. It gives me a lot of help since it's like going to another doctor for a second opinion.

Right now I'm breaking a bit of a plateau I've been on and getting into a more difficult routine. Next week I'm getting involved in a Biggest Loser contest that they are having at my job (an 8 week program) so I'm preparing myself for the challenge!

Replies

• Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Colleen.... good luck in the challenge :drinker:
  • denisechatt
    Options
    Best of luck to you Colleen! You can do whatever you set your mind to!!

Denise
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    good for you colleen. you are doing great. i wish you luck with your contest. the advantage you will have over others in the competition is that you have already been building good habits and will not have as much struggle to keep yourself making good choices.

what are you doing to work at breaking your plateau?
  • manipriscilla
    manipriscilla Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    best of luck dear ... ^_^
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :)

katielouhoo: To break my plateau I've been zig-zagging my calories. I eat to maintenance calories for one day, then go down to 1500 the next, then 1200...and cycle that. Also, I stepped up my workout routine by doing Couch To 5k and going at a higher incline on the treadmill when I walk on my breaks at work. It helps a lot and gets my metabolism roaring!