Need Help Finding Walking Shoes

Options
Hi :)

I am walking daily with the dog we adopted and I am loving it. The problem is, my shoes are worn out. I need some semi decent sneakers. I am on a budget, I'd like to keep them around $50 if possible. I have large feet, size 12W so it makes finding good shoes even harder. Do you guys have any favorites? Anything I should look for?

Replies

• sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Sketchers Go Walks are great! I have an ankle injury, so these are what I wear all day long :)
  • caite1988
    caite1988 Posts: 13
    Options
    They don't go big enough. :(
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Buy men's sports shoes. They are bigger, wider, and cheaper.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can get the New Balance W580V3 in silver/blue 12W on zappos.com for just under $60. I love New Balance shoes. You can also get their WW411 for a similar price. For a little less, check out the Nike View III for $52. All of these are available in your size, at least when I checked just now!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I wear 12 too...it is a pain! I'm wearing men's Asics cross trainers....a little more than you said you wanted to spend, but they are holding up very well and are super comfie.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    zappos has free returns too if shoes don't fit. You also might want to check out a local running store and ask what sale shoes they might have "in the back". Often time there are some nice options and if they really want to move a shoe they may be willing to make a deal. also - if you have insurance - sometimes you can get a discount with some stores - you can go to insurance web site and search "discounts" and see what pops up. If nothing does - call customer service on insurance card and ask about any discounts.

good luck and be kind to your feet :smile: if at all possible, pay what you can for the best fit.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • mrsmegb
    mrsmegb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Shoes are different for every foot -- the only pair that worked for me was $140+tax, but totally worth it. I got fitted at the local running shop.

When my mom was on her WLJ, she didn't get fitted, kept walking several miles a day... and ended up needing foot surgery that didn't really help.

In the long run do what's right -- get fitted by an "expert" for shoes that are right for YOU and not right for someone else.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If there's a store like Running Room nearby you could go in and get some help picking out shoes that will work for you. I've heard a lot of people say they go into speciality running stores then actually buy the shoes online later.

Edit for grammar.
  • caite1988
    caite1988 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone :) I will see what running stores I have locally and get fitted :)