Insanity anyone starting

Options
Looking to start insanity tonight. Wondering if anyone has any tips. I finished c25k a few weeks ago and looking for a new challenge. Looking for some friends that are in the process of doing it. Send me a message. This looks like its going to be fun :).

Replies

• KAR2359
    KAR2359 Posts: 4
    Options
    I literally just finished the first workout! I'd love to have company doing this!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give the average cals burned doing insanity. I do have a hrm I'm going to use but was curious.
  • applepie589
    Options
    i usually burn 300-450 calories on insanity month 1. My main tip: eat real food. Even though you have more calories left over and it seems like you actually can have cake for lunch, it simply is not enough fuel to complete the workout.
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 6 tomorrow. Feel free to friend request me. In month one, I started out burning between 400 and 500 per workout according to my hrm. My numbers went down a bit though after a while because I got more efficient at the workouts, not because I was slacking. In month 2, it's been around 600 to 700 per workout. Hope this helps.
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    Wow that's awesome to burn that many calories. I did one sat night but didn't wear my hrm but I sweated buckets. This is going to be so much fun. Thanks for the tip I was planning on rewarding my self with a piece of cake after each burn but maybe ill just stick with whey.
  • KAR2359
    KAR2359 Posts: 4
    Options
    Are you all following the nutrition plan?
  • walleyebob977
    Options
    No I'm not following there diet plan. I'm going to stick with what I already do for now lots if protein and no junk;)
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I LOVE INSANITY!!! When i first started out with Month 1, I burned about 500 - 600 calories doing the regular workouts, and about 400 calories doing the recovery workout on Thursday's. I have just started doing the Max Interval workouts for month two, the workouts are intense and longer than the 1st month workouts :sad: I have noticed that I dont burn as many calories as I did in the beginning, but Im still learning some of the new moves.
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Again, I LOVE INSANITY!!!
  • gmoguel
    gmoguel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished workout #2 this morning. My HRM said I burned 490 calories.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 this morning. My HRM says i've burnt 250 cals. Prob because i've lost majority of my weight and i struggle with the push up parts lol. Either way i'm sore which is always a good thing in my books lol.
  • amyfoldenauerdarrell
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Insanity. All my muscles are sore and cannot keep up with the dvd, only do about half of the reps they do, but I'm 42 and they look 22!!!! Hopefully this soreness will go away so I can walk and sit down without pain! Also curious about how many calories are being burned during the workouts, I don't have a HRM yet. But am guessing around 100 per 10 min, so 400 or so. I don't have the nutrition guide, but just finished doing the Shred Diet and am eating based on that. I hit a plateau after losing 7 lbs, so hope to get my weight down with insanity, but more important is to shrink my body and see some muscle definition. Learning how to "dig deeper".
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    People say I have been insane for a long time. It IS kind of fun!:tongue:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Looking to start insanity tonight. Wondering if anyone has any tips. I finished c25k a few weeks ago and looking for a new challenge. Looking for some friends that are in the process of doing it. Send me a message. This looks like its going to be fun :).

I'm finishing up on the 28th of this month. It will make an amazing change to your body (not weight so much) if you go hard. I do have a few tips.

1 - DO NOT try to keep up with the people on the videos, you will hurt yourself and likely get discouraged.
    2 - If you miss a day DO NOT double up. At least not back to back videos. If you did one early am and the other in the later pm you would be fine but definitely not back to back.
    3 - Throw your scale away! You are going to have to go by inches with this program. It is not uncommon for people to gain "weight" in the first week or two.
    4 - Make sure you are eating enough to fuel these workouts. They are intense and will require more fuel than most people think.
    5 - This program IS addictive!!!

I have lost 11 pounds but several inches. Not exactly sure how many, haven't done the math yet. Shirts have gone from XXL to L. Pants have gone from size 18 to a comfy 14, snug 12. I have had a tendency to wear men's jeans because being fat I just found the more comfortable. Basically in men's jeans I went from a 40 to a 34.
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start week 2 of month 1. My knees have been hurting quite badly but I am hoping I can push through it.

Feel free to add me if you like. :)

I just want to be able to get back into my size 16 jeans without a muffin top... size 14 would be awesome! lol