No jumping allowed!

Options
Ok, so i started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and im on day 5 today. I also do 2 hours of a zumba class Monday and Wednesdays and an hour of Zumba Thursday and Saturdays so i get a good cardio exercise for the week. I cant be doing jumping jacks, butt kicks and the jump rope in my home because there are too many people living here and i do them at night. So i was wondering other than the stationary punches she has us do, what are some other none jumping cardio exercises i can do to get my heart rate up in those 2 minutes of cardio? Thanks for everyone's input!

*Edited to add: I get alot of jumping in zumba.

Replies

• DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Lunges
    High Knees
    Burpees
    Mountain Climbers

just a few to kick on with :)
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    do pas de bourree.

and for more effort, do wide pas de bourrees, even with a slide (kinda making it house style dancing instead of ballet) and do them faster.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I run on the spot, do fast half jacks and slow butt kicks as my knees and I are on different pages of the fitness thing at the moment!
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Skaters!
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    Thank you! I am not sure what burpees and mountain climbers are!!
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    do padebure.

and for more effort do wide padebures, even with a slide (kinda making it house style dancing instead of ballet) and do them faster.

What is a Padebure??I think i have an idea, but im not even sure.
  • AnneU93
    Options
    if you are sitting at a computer, go to youtube and look of the exercises you don't know.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeZM-_VnRc
  • AnneU93
    Options
    do padebure.

and for more effort do wide padebures, even with a slide (kinda making it house style dancing instead of ballet) and do them faster.

I misspelled at first. ballet exercise, pas de bourree, but pronounced -padeburee
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    do padebure.

I misspelled at first. ballet exercise, pas de bourree, but pronounced -padeburee

Ok thank you. I will look it up later because i have to run off to work right now!
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    Any one else have more suggestions so i can keep a good rotation of exercises??? Thanks!!
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I used to do some of the jumping on a mini trampoline.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Practice doing the jumping moves when people are awake, soften your landings by absorbing it into a soft bent knee.

When I do jumping jacks, butt kicks, and jump rope it barely makes a sound.

Also, if you keep up with doing it, the sounds will just become normal sounds of your home, and chances are no one notices anyway.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I do "squat jacks," where I squat down, the throw my arms up and kick one leg out. I also do that classic aerobic move where you put one leg behind you, lunging slightly, then bring it forward to your chest. When I do these, I usually do ten, switch, ten switch...

For jumping rope, I usually jog, but a lower impact, and quieter version would be to do kicks. Even just kicking one foot out in front at a time will keep you moving, but if you bring your knee to your chest, then kick out as high as you can, you will really keep you heart rate up.

If you are above anyone, they will always notice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

^Those will annoy your neighbors as well.

You might look into a mini-trampoline (place it on a carpeted surface). Or do kick backs (hamstring curls) using big arm swings (or arm raises) ..... keep all four limbs moving.
  • kurairakuen
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat, though do to an old injury. Ligament tear that didn't heal properly in my ankle. Are there any low impact substitutes for her jumping exercises in 30DS? Modified or ?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Instead of jumping jacks do step-jacks - step wide out to one side and raise your arms, return to the centre and lower your arms, repeat to the other side. Same with butt kicks, just do a low-impact version, kick one butt cheek, put your foot down and repeat the other side.
  • kurairakuen
    Options
    Instead of jumping jacks do step-jacks - step wide out to one side and raise your arms, return to the centre and lower your arms, repeat to the other side. Same with butt kicks, just do a low-impact version, kick one butt cheek, put your foot down and repeat the other side.

Nice! Thanks!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat, though do to an old injury. Ligament tear that didn't heal properly in my ankle. Are there any low impact substitutes for her jumping exercises in 30DS? Modified or ?

All of the variations I gave above are low impact, due to a back injury, so they should work for you.

I have a Wii game that sometimes uses fast kick ups and I just do them slower to lower the impact. It spends the whole time telling me to do better and OWN THIS EXERCISE. I shout back that I am owning, rather than doing his :~
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    WOW! Thanks to everyone that has responded so far! There have been great tips, ideas and exercises suggested that i will most definitely use!