The moment the light bulb turns on.

Options
kakes80
kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
I think with anyone who has a ton of weight to lose there is that utterly and pure moment where clarity shines through and the light bulb turns on. The light bulb where you see the whole picture and your life right before your eyes. I had that moment in November of 2012. I had to make a choice to either live or die. That sounds dramatic but it's true. At my size of about 380 lbs. I was facing life or death. Facing food which was my greatest comfort but also my greatest enemy. I want to say to the people who think its impossible to weigh a lot and do crazy workouts that its absolutely possible if you want it bad enough. As someone with back and knee problems I used these things as excuses to not go after what I deserved. After doing Turbo Fire my life has changed indefinitely! Turbo Fire, saved my life. And now I'm currently in my 3rd week of Insanity. If you ever have that moment in which you feel like you can't do this anymore. Think of who you will be leaving behind in your life. Who do you love? Love yourself because I can bet there would be a lot of people who would miss you.

t03ryr.jpg

Replies

• lbdthornton
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! You brought tears to my eyes! Keep at it girl... YOU ROCK!
  • mrsjay4life
    mrsjay4life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those touching and at the same time encouraging words. Great job!
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That is super fantastic!!! Way to go, very inspiring!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    very inspiring! Keep up the hard work!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well said! profound. Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats so inspirational! Thanks!! Youve done a fantastic job!
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Great exciting story
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WOW! So amazing. :)
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome story, thanks for sharing! Obesity related diseases kill a TON of people every year, more people need to realize that!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Awesome, so glad you shared this! Keep it up, you are doing and looking fantastic
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I love to read stories like this it gives that hope that it is possible and can and will happen if I want it bad enough. Good job and thanks for sharing.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    you my dear look amazing and im sooooo proud of you~
  • Budding_Flower
    Budding_Flower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, this is so inspirational! Congratulations! You are doing so wonderful and you look so happy! :bigsmile:
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Congratulations on this big accomplishment. You are beaming with happiness in your picture. Keep up the great work. Your journey inspires me to continue :)
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the look on your face - you look so happy!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Love it! I always tell people the reason I've been successful is because I was really ready and wanted this...
  • Thedij
    Thedij Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OMG - you are so AMAZING and INSPIRING! I was so intimidated about the warning on Insanity that it isn't for beginners (after dropping a small fortune to buy it) and you just demonstrated that determination and persistence will pay off BIG TIME. Thank you so much for sharing your challenge and victory! Keep on investing in yourself - you're worth it!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I had my ah ha moment march 1st. I made my mind up that by my next birthday (march 1st 2014, 34 years old) I wanted to look and feel good. Not much weight has come off yet but i am losing inches like crazy!! Your inspiring words were just what i needed to keep me going!!
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much! I have the rest of my story on my profile feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!