Cheat Day!!! Learned something new...

Options
Hi all, I hope everyone is having a great day :D

I was SO excited for my cheat day today. I havent' had processed food (aside from yogurt and cottage cheese) for 18 days, so I decided I would have one cheat day followed by another 18 days of clean eating.

I have had a coveted Chai Latte and half a chocolate chip cookie and man, does my stomach ever feel 'heavy'. This really goes to show how clean eating really makes a difference! Any other clean eaters who felt this way?

Anywho, eye opening as it is....my cheat day continues!

Replies

• juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My son BEGGED to go to Taco Bell a couple of weeks ago- my favorite fast food place. So we went and I ate 2 of the 3 items I used to get. I felt awful afterward. It honestly made me a little sad, even though I know that sounds ridiculous!
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Cartwheel_AC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I was so excited to start my cheat day...and now I'm thinking I won't have the dinner I had already planned (Mr. Sub).

I haven't felt this 'heavy' since before I started eating clean. It's crazy!
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Is a chai latte not clean?
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Options
    I have it with soy milk (lactose intollerant). Lots of carbs....trying to avoid the carbs aside from fruit/yogurt/cottage cheese/some veg.

Plus...Chai latte is a slippery slope for me. It tends to lead to other bad choices.
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Options
    Also, the Starbucks Chai Latte has lotsa sugar!!!
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My cheat days have turned into cheat meals because I feel so yucky!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put a Chai on the list of "unclean" items. Maybe I'm just biased.
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Options
    That is what today is quickly turning into! I can't believe how much this has opened my eyes!
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Options
    I wouldn't put a Chai on the list of "unclean" items. Maybe I'm just biased.

I wouldn't either if it was real Chai tea.

In my case, this was a full-of-sugar/Chai-concentrate latte.