Sort of new

Options
Suzanuh
Suzanuh Posts: 36 Member
Been a member for a very long time, but only just recently started actively using this site. I'm on this weight loss thing for the second time around. The first time I lost about 50 pounds. Mostly through diet with some exercise. Then for some reason I hit this brick wall. I slowly stopped losing weight and stayed the same for a few months before I slowly started putting it back on.

Fast forward 3 years and I'm looking finding that clothes are getting really tight. These are the largest sizes I've had and I can't stand to see myself in a mirror. I'm getting winded just folding laundry and it hits me. I am not getting any healthier by eating junk and sitting on my butt. I made some weak attempts to lose weight starting in January and sort of lost my motivation mid-February.

Beginning of March I decide to join a gym and I find my motivation again. I find that I LOVE exercising! Pushing myself physically gives me a rush. Feeling like I've had a shower from sweating so much after a good workout makes me feel good! This is where I am now. So I'm using this site to help keep track of it all and keep up with the motivation by reading the message boards!

Hope to see you all around!

Suzanuh

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep up the hard work and you will begin seeing the results before you know it!
  • scribega
    scribega Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello...welcome. Good luck with your goals.
  • lauramcconnell7535
    lauramcconnell7535 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    good for you, sounds like you have your motivation back, with that kind of determination, you'll be hitting your goals in no time
  • Tucksy
    Tucksy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzanuh and MFPs

I'm in a very similar position, lost some weight about two years ago and used MFP, but have put 30 lbs back on since then! My boyfriend who I met since then, and who is fairly slim, said its "contentment". I have decided to take some drastic action now as we are going on holiday in just over 2 months and I want to feel ok about myself. I am therefore resorting to a very low calorie diet to low calorie diet (under 1000 a day). I know some say that this causes muscle loss etc, but I have looked into it and if the diet is nutritionally balanced, this should not happen. I did the Cambridge Diet in 2002 and lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks! As I am that bit older I suspect its not going to come off as quickly. (This is a different brand, cheaper, but very similar). I know I have to change things more long term too which I aim to do once I get back from holiday.

Its excellent that you enjoy exercising as it is the healthiest way to lose. I will be walking 3 miles a day now that it is slightly warmer in the UK :-) So I also chose this board for motivation and inspiration on the journey.

Best of luck with your goals.

Cathy