BELLY FAT

Options
I have lost weight, tightened/toned EVERYWHERE EXCEPT the belly. Yes, I understand it's the last thing to go - BUT THIS IS the last thing - everything else is SKINNY!!!!
I found this tip, which makes sense:

However, I HATE to eat breakfast because it makes me hungrier and to eat more all day but I can't lose the belly so this is my last hope:

"Eat breakfast. It might seem counterproductive to eat if you're trying to lose weight, but studies show that eating breakfast within an hour of waking up keeps your insulin levels steadier and your LDL cholesterol (the bad kind) levels lower.[1]

Consider including protein and high-fiber foods in your breakfast — because they take longer to process than refined sugars and complex carbs, you'll continue to feel full throughout the morning. Try eggs, peanut butter, and fresh fruit and vegetables"

http://www.wikihow.com/Lose-Belly-Fat

Has anyone else lost everything EXCEPT the belly - and then you DID lose it? and if so, HOW?!?!?! Help! I need to know what to eat or not eat and what to incorporate in to my exercise routine, nutrition or otherwise.
I started at 150 in January. I cut out a LOT of fast food and still try to eat healthy. I exercise - various cardio and do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 5x per week (average for last 3 weeks anyway).. I have seen results, as mentioned but the belly won't budge! What the heck?!

Replies

• Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Some may protest but it works for me. Drink lots of water and I do an workouts with Laura London on YouTube but every time I do my workouts I wear wraps around my belly. Water weight or not it makes a difference. I've lost 5 inches from waist alone
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Some may protest but it works for me. Drink lots of water and I do an workouts with Laura London on YouTube but every time I do my workouts I wear wraps around my belly. Water weight or not it makes a difference. I've lost 5 inches from waist alone

Can you explain what kind of wraps you use? I also stuck with belly fat.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    I bought the grey everlast waist wrap from wal mart. They have some for thighs to. It's Velcro
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Can't hurt to try - esp if nothing else works!
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice to offer besides the wraps?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I ate at a deficit, ran lots, and took up boxing.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This is called an "apple shape" i believe. You carry fat around your midsection but have thin legs and arms. The best thing to do is continue with overall weight loss. Maybe start lifting heavy and do more resistance training vs. cardio. Continue to eat at a deficit.

Good luck!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I've lost pretty much everything but the belly as well. I'm just making sure I'm getting the right amount of protein/fat now, so hopefully that will help.

"Abs are made in the kitchen" as a lot of the smart peeps say.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

:love:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing has worked for a lot of my clients. And that's usually because kickboxing and boxing are more intense and include lots of explosive movements.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I need to know what to eat or not eat and what to incorporate in to my exercise routine, nutrition or otherwise.
    I started at 150 in January. I cut out a LOT of fast food and still try to eat healthy. I exercise - various cardio and do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 5x per week (average for last 3 weeks anyway).. I have seen results, as mentioned but the belly won't budge! What the heck?!

no foods will give you abs, and no foods will make them harder to achieve. eat at a deficit, and incorporate foods with good fats, such as meaty fish, and avocados.

strength training, preferably with barbells. explosive high intensity interval training cardio, such as sprint running, rowing machine, boxing/kickboxing, etc etc. i like swimming too.

proper rest and relaxation. this takes time, and a lot of discipline. like, a year. not 3 weeks. good luck.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I need to know what to eat or not eat and what to incorporate in to my exercise routine, nutrition or otherwise.

no foods will give you abs, and no foods will make them harder to achieve. eat at a deficit, and incorporate foods with good fats, such as meaty fish, and avocados.

strength training, preferably with barbells. explosive high intensity interval training cardio, such as sprint running, rowing machine, boxing/kickboxing, etc etc. i like swimming too.

proper rest and relaxation. this takes time, and a lot of discipline. like, a year. not 3 weeks. good luck.

YES! It took me about 18 months to get from baby belly to abs... and it was 18 months of butt busting hard work...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would say a slight deficit at this point...like 1/2 Lb per week. Incorporate weight lifting/resistance training into your workout routine...in fact, I'd make it the focal point of your exercise routine. It is the only thing that will change body composition. Also, if you're doing a lot of steady state cardio, mix it up with some sprints or other HIIT type of work.

Remember, this is "detail work" at this point. Detail work is always cumbersome and takes awhile.

This is a pretty good read as well...

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/exercise-to-burn-belly-fat/
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue - my tummy did get smaller, but it is really the last flabby part of me at this point (used to have 4 belly rolls, now not really rolls, but one big flabby mess).

I started heavy liting (NROLFW) and after 12 weeks have lost 4" off my tummy. I still have 5 stages to go to finish the program and am hopeful it will kill the rest of the fat. (Of course, I am eating at a slight deficit since weight loss is achieved by less food - but the weights improve muscle mass and metabolism.)
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump1
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    I've started cutting down carbs I get from whole wheat breads/pastas to 1 serving or less a day.
    Load up on veggies/fruits for your carbs. Also, try and eat a high protein diet.

It's helped me get more definition in my abs and a flatter stomach overall.

My current recommended MPF goal is 55% carbs, 30% fat, 15% protein.

I've modified it and aim for 45-50% carbs, 30% fat (or less!), 20-25% protein.

and of course keep strength training your core.

Seems to be working for me. Hope it helps!
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with cutting out carbs. I'm sure I'll get yelled it, but I bloat like crazy eating too many carbs. I don't cut them out completely, but definitely reduce them. I never eat what MFP recommends.
  • nikkisuelu
    nikkisuelu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with cutting carbs. Keep your fiber and protein high. Fiber keeps you full longer and protein will help to build the muscle. I was told by my trainer that fruit and nuts count as a carb. Try and eat your daily percentage of carbs at breakfast and/or lunch. You will burn the carbs throughout the day. Also too much sodium is said to make you a little bit bloated in your stomach, although I have never experienced a huge difference, myself. I hope this information helps! It certainly directed me properly when I was having similar concerns.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump