My Insanity Results

Options
logicman69
logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
Hey everyone.

I really don't post too much on the forums (and I usually do NOT start my own topics), but I promised myself that I would do this so here it goes.

So basically the end of last year petty much sucked in my life. I lost my mother to a short but intense battle with cancer, and then I watch my best friend go through a very painful divorce (which I was kind of caught in the middle with... I was really good friends with his wife and I am the godfather to their child). So this year I decided to try and get back into "fighting shape"... aww hell, I wanted to get in the best shape I have ever been. I started the year with the usual trips to the gym, but just wasn't feeling it. Then I found Insanity.

This program, for those of you who live under a rock and don't know, is from Beachbody (makers of P90X). Its an intense 9 week program where you workout for 6 days a week and have 1 rest day. I decided, why not... and I swore I would see it through to the end.

So at the start of the program, you have a Fit Test. This gauges your overall "fitness". Really, it just gives you goals to work toward. It is a series of exercises, and you see how many of each you can do in the time alotted (1 minute each). So I popped in the DVD and here was my results from week 1:

Switch Kicks - 45
Power Jacks- 44
Power Knees - 75
Power Jumps - 27
Globe Jumps - 8
Suicide Jumps -12
Pushup Jacks - 16
Low Plank Oblique -23

Also I recorded my starting stats and took a pic. Here were my starting numbers:

Weight: 192 lbs
Neck -16.5"
Waist - 41"
Hips - 41.5"
Chest - 42"
Body Fat - 30%

So off I went. I followed the DVD program every day and let me tell you, the name "Insanity" is appropriate! I had never walked away from a workout sweating as much as I did with these. Shawn T pushes you and pushes you. After the first week I thought I would never finish the whole program. But about 2 weeks in, I notices that I was looking forward to the workouts. I WANTED to feel that burn and I NEEDED to get that workout in. The only time I faultered from my workout was when I got sick, and then it was really just 1 extra rest day.

So what about the results?? Here they are. After 9 weeks I did the Fit Test again....

Switch Kicks - 61
Power Jacks- 58
Power Knees - 97
Power Jumps - 35
Globe Jumps - 9
Suicide Jumps -30
Pushup Jacks - 36
Low Plank Oblique -56

I was able to push myself harder and for longer and drasticly improved my numbers for the Fit Test. Next I checked my mesurements:

Weight: 183 lbs
Neck -15.5"
Waist - 35"
Hips - 40"
Chest - 41"
Body Fat - 19%

I had lost 9lbs, which didn't seem much untill I looked at the other numbers. 6" off my waist and 11% body fat gone!! That blew me away! I took my after pic and compared the 2. I will share that with you guys now (BTW.. this is the FIRST TIME I have ever taken my shirt off and posted it publicly. I haven't been to the beach in over 10 years because I did not feel comfotable with my body).

13372508_1963.jpg

So there it is folk. Real world Insanity results. Post comments, send me friend requests, bash me, whatever. It is what it is and I am happy with the results I got.

Replies

• jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    wow you look totally different! great job!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! Were you watching what you ate too, or were you all about the exercise? I think I'm too afraid to try this program.

FR me if you want.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know you earned that as I just finished a week ago too. I didn't lose any weight but I lost 4 inches overall and my final fit test kicked butt!

Revel in your accomplishment you look amazing.

PS. You don't need to be ashamed to take your shirt off, get to the beach!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    mark I am soooooooo PROUD of you!!! Great work!!! Maybe I need to hop on the insanity bus!!!:wink:
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Great results looking good!!!!
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job...amazing fat loss! I've yet to finish a complete round of Insanity although I love the workouts. Congrats!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Great job. Well done :drinker:
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    How awesome!! Were you watching what you ate too, or were you all about the exercise? I think I'm too afraid to try this program.

FR me if you want.

Thanks. I didn't follow the exact diet they had in the program, but I did watch what I ate. Kept the carbs on the low side and watched my calorie intake. I would track my progress throughout the program, took not on what was working and what wasn't for me, and stuck with that.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Nice work!
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You should be proud of yourself for setting a goal for YOU and then going and accomplishing that goal. I just finished Insanity as well and started it again....its an amazing workout!!!

I hope you get yourself to the beach and many other places you may have avoided, and I hope you walk with pride!!!
  • curleegirl68
    curleegirl68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, my New Years Resolution was to start Insanity and before I bought it, I researched reviews on others who have done it. I completed the program in the beginning of March. I started again a month ago and today I completed. I'm off to month two.

What an accomplishment.
  • kim4bs
    kim4bs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!!!!! You did great!
  • Kulchange
    Options
    Wonderful job! There is such a big difference, you should be very proud!!

My daughter started the workout a week ago and I can see a difference. I am starting the workout this evening.
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Great job, really great results!! I actually have 12 days left until I finish Insanity. I can't wait to see my final results.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Congrats!!! All of your hard work and dedication shows in your pics.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can tell you dropped a few neck sizes. Nice.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Great job and awesome results! I just restarted and am finishing week 1. I can't wait to see my before/after comparisons.
    By the way, bring back the beard. You look pretty badda** with it. :glasses:
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    Man that is great !! You did a good job !! My wife wants me to do insanity with her, in the afternoon before dinner. I think we are going to start it next week I really hope I can get through it, as I already do about an hr of strength training in the AM. And I really do not want to give that up.

But you did awesome, and we can really see the difference !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!